We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

insulated mugs-opinions please-where did it go?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
77 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
insulated mugs-opinions please-where did it go?

Hi, for the 2nd time writing this. I posted this earlier today but now it is not on the forum anymore. Anyway, I am staying at the Catalonia this April and am wondering if it is worth giving up the luggage space to bring insulated mugs. Your opionion is appreciated. Thanks, Sandy

mchenry,il
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: insulated mugs-opinions please-where did it go?

We stayed at another resort, but we had no problem with out them, someone was always there with another drink when ever we needed one, don,t waiste your space...........Have Fun!

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: insulated mugs-opinions please-where did it go?

I was fine without them, but many people like to bring them. If you leave the lid off, you can always stuff something in it to save space in the luggage. If it's a cheap one, you could also leave it behind at the resort if you bought too much while there!

white rock bc
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: insulated mugs-opinions please-where did it go?

Yes!!

We stayed at 2 different hotels while we were there and both hotels have little 6 or 8 ounce plastic cups. My husband and I, both had insulated 16 or 20 ounce cups. A lot of people that saw ours said they wished they had brought their own. Many times I saw guys and gals trying to walk from the beach bar to their chairs trying to juggle 2 or 3 glasses of pina coladas or beer at a time. They were trying to save themselves a trip. Not only does your own cup hold more, it also keeps it cold a lot longer and saves the ice as well. Our first hotel had beach service, but many don't and even if they do, those little cups run out fast. Even with the best tips, the service is just not that fast. They are worth the extra space and weight. I did see a couple of insulated mugs for about $30 U.S. in the lobby stores at the hotel, and they were crap compared to our $8 ones. Bring your own. Trust me.

yarmouth,nova scotia
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: insulated mugs-opinions please-where did it go?

we went to puerto plata last year and we took our travel mugs they were everything,i would fill mine up and cart it around all afternoon,beach,pool and all-it didn't take up too much space so it was worth it.We are going in april too-can't wait.

markham
Level Contributor
285 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: insulated mugs-opinions please-where did it go?

hi sandy..we always bring our mugs...hey it holds more...it stays colder longer...and in the morning when we go for our walk on the beach ,it is nice to have a coffee and baileys for the walk....have fun at catalonia

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: insulated mugs-opinions please-where did it go?

Does the resort have Bailey's? Do you have to pay for it?

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: insulated mugs-opinions please-where did it go?

I'll be at the Bahia Punta Cana in April as well! I'll have a mug that sais It's 5 o'clock Somewhere on it!

Yep.....That's the only way you can have a cocktail at 11am.

Ha!!!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: insulated mugs-opinions please-where did it go?

we leave next week, and I am planning on bringing some insulated mugs. My feeling is that they will keep things cold on the beach better than what ever they serve the drinks in and also keep my coffee hot longer.

white rock bc
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: insulated mugs-opinions please-where did it go?

Hi

If you are going to bring your own mug,make sure you wash it out and dry it completely. Sometimes when I brought my cup to the bar, the bartenders were rinsing it out in the tap water. That is a No No!! I brought mine back to the room everyday and washed it and dried it completely. The water they use in the taps at the bars is not purified. It doesn't take much to give you gastro. If your drinking the same drink, it doesn't need to be rinsed anyway, but if your going from coffee to a banana mamma you will want to rinse it, and dry it yourself. I had to keep telling the bartenders not to rinse my cup.

Happy travels.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: insulated mugs-opinions please-where did it go?

we usually take one with us every year we take the 52oz 711 kind and carry them on they will break in your regular luggage. Usually we don't come home with them because the staff like to buy them from us. we sell them what we paid for them. This way you don't have to make as many trips to the bar if you are in your room etc. just some info to help you make a decision. enjoy your vacation