We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Expierience..PC Mike Tours.. I s their any tour better??

Scotland
Level Contributor
579 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
New Expierience..PC Mike Tours.. I s their any tour better??

Hi, we've been to the Dom Rep several times, stayed in some great hotels, (some not to good,) done dozens of excursions, and I mean dozens, First time with PC Mike last week... we have been missing something, this time we've been lucky and finally found PC Mikes tours, My worry now is; we've missed this for years, what else/ other trips/ excursions have we missed, We're back at the same hotel (which I'm now satisfied is the best for us) in May 2014, BUT .. having thought we had the Dominican Republic semi sussed, I now feel like a newbie... Please advise

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,005 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Expierience..PC Mike Tours.. I s their any tour better??

Have you tried the Bachata dancing lesson excursion with Mike? lol

There are many other tours on the north coast and Samana Peninsula. If you've tried them all in PC, have a look at the other areas. Samana Peninsula is particularly good.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Expierience..PC Mike Tours.. I s their any tour better??

Throast659 I feel you pain... so many trips wasted doing really nothing and not seeing all the beautiful things that we now know. Mike was the highlight of our trip and I also want to keep learning about this beautiful country :) We are also booked for May... where are you staying?

winnipeg
Level Contributor
488 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Expierience..PC Mike Tours.. I s their any tour better??

Mike on Dancing with the Stars i would watch that.

Great tours he offers .Cheers Tim..

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Expierience..PC Mike Tours.. I s their any tour better??

have a look at this

xtreme-buggy.com/Xtreme-Buggy/Welcome.html

great reviews.. lots to see,, very interactive,,

im booked for Feb.. having done Mikes tour, thought I would give this a try,

book early i have tried for a couple years to go..and its always booked

Edited: 05 October 2013, 00:40
winnipeg
Level Contributor
488 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Expierience..PC Mike Tours.. I s their any tour better??

Have done xtreme buggy 2 times with Charly, you will

have a great time Northernmale 2001..

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Expierience..PC Mike Tours.. I s their any tour better??

Or take the expresso bavaro bus to Santo Domingo and enjoy a couple of days and night in the Zona Colonial - plenty to see and do.

IMO the number of things to see and do round Punta Cana are limited. Why not try a different area or even travel independently and see the rest of the country,

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Expierience..PC Mike Tours.. I s their any tour better??

Depends on the individual. We like the small tour atmosphere. But some may like those big safari tours. I for one am so glad to have had Mike suggested to me. Thanks Deb! We are booked for his Munchies tour this November. If you enjoyed that first one, try one of his others. This will be our 3rd in 3 years. All different. We may start over next year or maybe he will come up with a new one.

Grumpy

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
994 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Expierience..PC Mike Tours.. I s their any tour better??

I'm doing bocq de yuma with mike next Wednesday ..I'm so looking forward to it having heard so many wonderful things about it

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
179 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Expierience..PC Mike Tours.. I s their any tour better??

Please post your review after you have done trip.....we are considering booking it for next March. We have done the Higuey Circle with Mike.....loved it. Also considering the Munchies......too much the same as the Circle tour?

Thanks!

10. Re: New Expierience..PC Mike Tours.. I s their any tour better??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 06:20