We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing next week?

Great Neck, New York
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Topic
fishing next week?

My husband is interested in doing some surf casting while in PC (staying @ Dreams Palm Beach). Does any one have info on rod rentals or fishing excursions? Thanks!

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing next week?

Mike Fischer is the fisherman, PM him.

Great Neck, New York
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing next week?

thanks!

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing next week?

This will take you to Mike's website. Went out with one of his crews last year - had a great day!! Very professional and extremely easy to work with when arranging things :)

www.mikesmarina.info/tipscontactmike.html

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing next week?

hi NYD.

sorry, but for surfcasting no activities available in PC, nor a tackle shop to rent the equipment.

this time of the year it is all about offshore trolling.

you need to bring your own tackle and lures and rent a small speedboat with skipper etc for that action.

tight lines

Mike

Great Neck, New York
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing next week?

Thanks Mike!!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: fishing next week?

i just realize that you stay in Cabeza de Toro, the same Bay where i live myself.

here your hubby will find within walking distance(face water and turn right, they start at the end of the hotelbeach of your neighboured BeLife Hotel) several Piers which are good spots to cast a line from, very early morning or in the early evening(starting around sunset). for that he would just need to bring a light Travels Rod and take fresh baits(Calamares and Shrimps pieces are perfect) from the buffet (ask for leftovers which would go into the trash anyways).

Mike

Great Neck, New York
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: fishing next week?

Wow, that's great. Thank you!

8. Re: fishing next week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 05:19