We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just returned from excellence : )

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
just returned from excellence : )

what a great trip! this resort is awesome - staff very nice and helpful -

recommendations would be to go on the horseplay tour....those guys were great, esp for those who never have been on a horse (me)....jose and cesaer thank you so much for this tour and helping me with the fear of riding on a horse....you both get a million stars!!!!

any other questions just ask -

i might add - in mine and my husband's experience, the food could have been better.....the best part of the food was at the beach dominican feast and the breakfast buffet at toscanas...very limited menu i think at the restaurants but you are never without another choice of food if your first choice wasn't to your satisfaction...

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just returned from excellence : )

Yeah Rose!! Welcome back :D So glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday!! Did you end up seeing any "creepy crawly creatures", lol ????

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just returned from excellence : )

HI !! OMG i did see a dead tarantula in front of the hotel going towards the shops....i was petrified and came back to take pic and it was gone.....that was the only horrible thing i saw...i did see the geico gators but i wasn't too frightened by them - i did see a frog at nite that made me jump!! LOL...

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just returned from excellence : )

Glad to hear you had a good time Rose! Hurts to be back to the real world eh?

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just returned from excellence : )

I booked the Horseplay Punta Cana tour for our upcoming trip as well! I'm really excited; I've never been on a horse before, but always want to try it. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just returned from excellence : )

ugh! got that right......the only downside was the plane/airport stress....

i miss that beach terribly!!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just returned from excellence : )

you will LOVE the horseplay tour.......GREAT lunch there too !!

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just returned from excellence : )

Rose - Could you please tell me more about the plane/airport stress...

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just returned from excellence : )

the passport was a stressful issue for us....make sure you have it out close by during your time in the airport....they will ask for it at least 3x - filling out the forms for your trip to PC and back to the US is also a pain. you need your passport number to write down ....and just having to show your passport more than once was just an annoyance for us. i'm glad i had all my papers properly organized. make sure you do that !! it will save you alot of time : )....

as for the airport ladies, she did touch my arm and i just said no thank you and then we were left alone....no worries with that : )

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just returned from excellence : )

Thanks for the heads up Rose!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just returned from excellence : )

have a blast !!