We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult resort help

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
392 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Adult resort help

I'm looking for a reasonably priced adult resort. Can I get some input on the following resorts. Riu Macao,Barcelo bavaro adult,Bahia Ambar and the Punta Cana princess? Any strong feelings about any of these?? I do like the fact the Riu has had a recent renovation. Comments?? Thanks

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult resort help

PCP should be just about done with THEIR renovations as well, so that's something to like about it. I love PCP, but I've not been to the others. From what I understand the PCP beach is the best of the bunch, and has the most stand-alone feel of the adult-only resorts that are part of a bigger complex of resorts. PCP has plenty of dining options so no need to venture to sister resorts. However, if you want to attend the big shows, you'll have to take a stroll (or tram) over to sister resorts.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult resort help

I second PCP. Renovations to be done in the next few weeks. They are finishing the last 2 bldgs now. Pool has been redone already.

canada
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult resort help

never been to the princess.. although we were booked there last oct..got the option to change to the ambar for a very small amount. loved it so much that we returned in January and are returning again next Thursday for two weeks. great rooms.. better quality alcohol.good food including lobster at no charge ... beach was great. HOWEVER it does have reservations for dinner if that is a deal breaker for you.

Lynn

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult resort help

Barcelo Bavaro Beach has the nicest beach of the bunch, in my opinion, with PCP second. PCP is the only one of the four that has no reservations for dinner, which is a plus in my book.

Mark

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Adult resort help

out of the list i would prefer the PCP for it's small size, real Tropical Flair and important the non reservations policy for their restaurants, to eat when ever feeling taht dinner should be had at the moment.

as for the Beach, the Punta Cana Princess Beach is very nice prepared, the best in the area would be the Beach at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel, their Bavaro Beach Bay with it's year around calm turquois waters and their wide white sandy Beach is unbeatable unless you are a surfer and look out for waves as a must have.

i would prefer those 2 for above reasons well ahead of the other 2.

the Ambar Section at the Bahia Principe Resort is a modern section with a luxury feel, good service/drinkets/foodies as also the others provide, the downpoints by my personal preferences is their reservations policy for the a la carte restaurants, the huge size of the Resort with the need to use a Tram and the small and crowded beacharea at the big Bahia Resort for so many guests.

none of them is bad, they all have their advantages, for me the PCP is #1, followed by the fantastic Beach at the Barcelo Beach Hotel/Resort.

have fun

Mike

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adult resort help

i have stayed at both the Ambar and Punta Cana Princess.

Both are very nice and have their strong points.

Personally i preferred the reservation system at the Ambar over the no reservation at the Princess. i waited 45 minutes for the swiss restaurant and and close to 30 for the tex mex.

Ambar has a closed air conditioned buffet the princess is open. Beach and drinks i found better at the Princess, food, cleanliness and entertainment better at the Ambar.

Princess is more tropical, quiet. Ambar is more upscale

Would recommend either resort.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
392 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adult resort help

Perfect! Thanks for the replies! Just the info I was looking for!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
627 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adult resort help

We haven't been to any other resorts that you mentioned, but we're returning to the Riu Palace Macao for our 7th visit TOMORROW!!

We really love it. It's got great service, it's a smaller palace so it has a more intimate feel to it. It was renovated in the spring/summer of 2012. The food is good, drinks plentiful and we love the coconut grove between the beach and pool. Very relaxing. And the upside, it's Adult Only.

You can check out my August 2012 review for in-depth information on the resort and lots of pictures of the renovoation.

Traveler

Edited: 10 October 2013, 14:19
9. Re: Adult resort help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 06:19