We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which all-inclusive on a budget?

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Which all-inclusive on a budget?

Mom and two teens first time trip to the Dominican. Travelling March Break so expensive time. We aren't used to fancy food, just the basics especially for teens. Looking at Riu Naiboa, IFA Villas Bavaro, and Natura Park Beach all with CheapCaribbean. We are Canadians travelling from Syracuse, New York. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

canada
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which all-inclusive on a budget?

kim I have never been to the niaboa but I can tell you that we loved natura park (3x there) however I feel your teens would be bored senseless there. very small resort, small pool, beautiful beach, decent food, not much to do in the evenings after a small show in a crowded indoor theater off the main bar and buffet.

Lynn

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which all-inclusive on a budget?

If you can check out Ocean Blue and Sands there is much to do there for the kids. Climbing wall, water sports, mega pool, bowling, game room, etc.

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which all-inclusive on a budget?

I'd have to agree with Lynn - Natura Park was a great little resort, but then all we wanted to do was relax. Having said that, when we were there 2 years ago there were a few teens about and the animation team seemed to keep them busy during the day.

Bugs

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which all-inclusive on a budget?

taking teens,, out of your 3 choices IFA would be a good choice,, multiple pools (one lively with animation time providing lots of activities) good stretch of beach ,, also have great stone oven pizza,, only complaint would be resort is long and narrow,, so depending on room could be a long walk to beah

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which all-inclusive on a budget?

Thanks for all your replies. Ocean Sands costs quite a bit more. I was afraid Natura might be isolated but good reviews. Appreciate the recommend for IFA, it has good reviews also. Riu N seems the least positive. Kids are 18 year old girl and 14 year old boy. Is there a big difference in airport transfer? Appreciate all help!

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which all-inclusive on a budget?

with children that age,, i definitely say IFA,, ive stayed at RIU just didnt seem to do it for me,, never stayed a Natura,,

My biggest complaint with IFA is no balcony in room,, when they remodled the rooms they used balcony area to make room larger,,that may not bother some,, it did me,, so just throwing that out there

as for transfers Im using IBK as I have used them before,,Im sure the others are fine also

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which all-inclusive on a budget?

September pics look like there are balconies. Misleading?

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which all-inclusive on a budget?

Kim its been about 4 years since ive been at IFA,, and I know they have done lots of improvements,, so best to check with travel agent and even contact hotel directly

work
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which all-inclusive on a budget?

Is there s long stretch of beach to walk at IFA? Is the aster calm sndclear there? This is where we are thinking about going?

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which all-inclusive on a budget?

water is calm,, yes, you can walk for mles and miles if you so desire,,

also on the beach right next to IFA there is shopping, AQUA Beach Bar (wonderful place to eat and visit ) Jellyfish Restaurant ( not one of my favorites)

but keep in mind it is a busy area of beach, so there is lots of people around and lots of boat traffic