We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kettles at ambar too?

canada
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
kettles at ambar too?

a question recently asked was if the Esmeralda had kettles. I assumed not as in both of our trips to the ambar there was none in the room. Recent visitors to the Esmeralda have confirmed kettle in room. How about the ambar? anyone there now that knows? I would be happy if I could take my kettle out of our suitcase as we are running low on space. every saved space means more clothes for me. :)

P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
915 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kettles at ambar too?

For us tea drinkers - a kettle would be a welcome addition to the Ambar. Using the the coffee maker is not an alternative - the smell and taste of coffee residue destroys the subtle flavour of tea. So, Ambar, get with the program.

Lynn - have a great return trip.

PC

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kettles at ambar too?

Happy travels Lynniepies! Stay in touch as Feb is around the corner! :D

canada
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kettles at ambar too?

Thanks! So excited..I guess we can get this answered tomorrow when wud arrives at resort..off to work..4 more shifts lol

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,205 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kettles at ambar too?

Coffee pots were there on my last visit..........love that Santo Domingo cafe.......

off to bed for a good nights sleep, heading to YYZ in the morning........PUJ in the evening early, Bavaro Rotary members are meeting me to pick up out latest donation, from BTBCF at the airport.

Edited: 13 October 2013, 00:15
canada
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kettles at ambar too?

see you in paradise!!! safe flight to you and heather.

Edited: 13 October 2013, 04:48
Warminster...
Level Contributor
344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kettles at ambar too?

There a coffee maker at Ambar. It is a challenge for us tea drinkers. I run water through it to rinse off the coffee taste. It still has a coffee taste though. You can use room service. They will bring hot water and milk to your room. They usually only took 15 minutes or so. My wife is a coffee drinker. We like to have our coffee/tea early. It took a few days but we settled into a good arrangement. We thoughly enjoyed having our coffee/tea on the deck each morning. People watching.

Chris

NBF
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kettles at ambar too?

If the tea issue is so important just bring a small electric kettle with you.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kettles at ambar too?

to YYZ in the morning........PUJ in the evening early....from BTBCF at the airport.>>>>

Is it all secret code, or are you letting us know you've learned your alphabet? ;-)

Despite the coded message it appears you will be traveling, so safe travels!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kettles at ambar too?

An immersion heater takes up so little space!

amazon.com/Travel-Immersion-Water-Heater-Vol…

canada
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kettles at ambar too?

actually nbf if you read my original post..there is already a kettle packed in my luggage...but if they have now added kettles in the room I will take it out..makes more room for shoes LOL..

and lata...what a good idea...haven't seen one of those for years..but may see if I can find one locally on tues..thanks!

Lynn