We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance Club questions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance Club questions

Hi ! Can someone provide me some info on this category ? Is this an adults only area? If so what's there to use ? Own pools, restautants, etc ? What are the rooms like and service ? Is there beach and pool service. Is there room service, coffee maker and liquor provided in the rooms ? How about premium liquor? Am I correct assuming that in the Elegance club you have full use of the Majestic Colonial side ? Reviews seem good as is price for a quick getaway, just would like to know more information and details. Also please include any bad or negetIve aspects of this resort as well, I like to be informed and keep it real ! This trip possibly will be our 3rd this year and not looking to spend Excellence or Club Med prices, nor do we expect that kind of service, just looking for a nice affordable long weekend. Thank you !

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,864 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance Club questions

The Club is an Adult only section within the Majestic Elegance resort. It is not a completely seperate section though. The Club section has it's own lounges and pools and pool bars but for everything else you use the main section of the resort so you will run into children. One of the main a la cartes is open for Club members for breakfast and lunch and there is a seperate room for Club members in the Steak Resturant.

Yes there is beach and pool service and room service. Yes there are four bottles in your room upon arrival and it is international brands - some say premium some say no depends on what your fav brands are. i.e. - they are not going to have a bottle of Grey Goose in your room.

No you do not have access to the Colonial - that is only a limited thing while renos are being done now at the Elegance.

There are also some Club Parties that are held a couple times per week. As well there are free access computers and WIFI in the Club Lounges.

We are heading back to the ME Club for visit # 4 this winter and we would not consider returning with out staying in the Club section. However we go for R & R which is what the Club Pool area is all about - the activities happen at the main pool.

Is the resort perfect - no, no resort is- but it is tops with us.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance Club questions

Thanks! You answered my main questions as what we are looking for in a resort, I appriciate it.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,864 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance Club questions

If you click on my name you can read my 3 reviews of the resort. As I said for us it is one of the best we have been to. We were shocked that when we returned for trip # 2 some of the staff remembered us from the year before. And last year - trip #3 one bartended even remembered our drinks from the year before. Now that to me shows great customer service. And the staff around the club pool and beach area are top notch servers.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance Club questions

This possible trip will be R&R as well and sounds prefect for us for a quick getaway, any longer and my husband gets bored. Four trips to the same resort is very impressive and glad you have found your happy place in the DR, we are still working on it! This trip will be #4 for us as well, but first to ME, if we decide to book here. Thanks again SACKIE and have a great vacation !

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance Club questions

Tweetybird, everything sackie said we are returning next month for our seventh Majestic Elegance stay. You will love this resort.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance Club questions

7 ??? Wow !!! That's awesome ! Have a great trip! I would like to find a resort in the DR to return to again and again, like we have in PDC. Just haven't found it yet!

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance Club questions

You just found it!

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance Club questions

Tweetybird24 our experience 2 years ago at Majestic Elegance was not great and we would not return.

We found the service and food to be the worst of any resort we have been to in Punta Cana or DR. The service by the pool was the only great point in our opinion. The service on the beach was not as great and most just walked up to the club pool bar. There were numerous times we were at lunch or breakfast at the beachside restaurant and never received water or coffee/tea we asked for and a few times cutlery.

We were in an elegance club 1 bedroom swim up suite. The room was large but the furniture was stained badly and housekeeping was not the greatest. We had a powder or something on the floor in a few areas of the washroom that was never cleaned up even after a couple of trips to the concierge desk to ask them to have it cleaned.

They do have some better brands of alcohol but at some bars it is kept on a shelf below the bar and you had to specifically ask for it.

If you prefer adult only you may not be happy at the ME. The club section at pools and beach are adult only as well as a section in the steakhouse for club only. The gourmet restaurant that is open to all guests is adult only as well. The rest is open to all ages and when we were there there were several teens there on a class trip.

There were a lot of little things as well that coupled with the less then friendly and at times terrible service as well as food that was rarely at proper temperature caused us to have a negative opinion of this resort.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance Club questions

Thanks for your honest opinion. I wonder if they changed ownership or management and maybe did some upgrading since two years ago. The only reason why I say this is the reviews are good, not perfect and pics don't look grubby. Maybe I will research back with the reviews and see. If a resort doesn't upgrade basic linen and things in two years time, yeah that's bad!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Elegance Club questions

I'm glad to see catchinrayz giving the flip side of the story to keep things subjective, and am sorry that they didnt have a good time at ME. They are speaking the truth, and I do agree with some of the above post. One of of our room chairs did have a small stain on it, and some good brands are only given when requested. And mind you this is the only DR resort I have been to, so I can't really compare to others like they can but:

We instantly booked our 2nd trip to ME when we got back to the states, from our first visit (Feb 2013).

For us the ME was perfect, and all expectations were far exceeded. The couple of times we went to the club pools they were very quiet, and normally we were the only ones in there. As said, the party is over at the main pool. Even when we weren't in the club areas, we only saw a couple of kids. We had exceptional service the entire stay, and thought the food was great!

Edited: 16 October 2013, 16:04