We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet-lag and I haven't even left home yet :(

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Jet-lag and I haven't even left home yet :(

Two days of clouds and rainy weather ..has me in a HUGE slump. Have 3 extra days off this week (someone at work wanted more hours...great have mine I have tons of stuff to do) I feel like a big slug going from room to room trying to figure out what to do or what to do ,what to pack what not to pack ...ugh !!! I even took a nap this morning already.. and still not energy.

One thought ...close all of the shades in my home, turn all of the lights on (for the effect of the sun) ..turn up the heat .. toss on a swimsuit and pour me a very stiff drink and .....suck it up buttercup !!

Just 5 more days and a wake up and I will have the real thing ...I just hate playing these pretend games ...LOL

Chaska, Minnesota
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet-lag and I haven't even left home yet :(

I know the feeling. Except I have 6 weeks to wait till I get my sand and sun. :(

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet-lag and I haven't even left home yet :(

Jet-leg before leaving home?

that sounds like me,

going on vacay at a sunny destination i get thirsty before i am even there in the sun, lol.

have a fantastic stay

Mike

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
510 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet-lag and I haven't even left home yet :(

A little pre-vaca simulation is necessary. I guess that's why I purchased two bottles of Extra Viejo this morning.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,916 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet-lag and I haven't even left home yet :(

Here is a thought DC-go on line and look at pretty summer dresses. Amazon.com has lots of them. Look at floaties and all things beachy and get outta that slump. Make lists of what to pack. Make a "night before list"to help check and be sure of all things you need to do the night before the trip. Make a "Day of list"for any last minute tasks (like making surey ou have your tickets, itinnerary and passports) Breathe deeply and you are gonna be ok.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet-lag and I haven't even left home yet :(

Surely it's your local weather that has you feeling so glum :(

Check out the Dreams PC webcam and that should lift your spirits! You'll be there before you know it - and dawn's right - keep busy! Maybe a little extra shopping? An evening of "blender" drinks at home? How's DD handling the "wait time" ???

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet-lag and I haven't even left home yet :(

Unfortunately the Dreams PB webcam is currently unavailable - 10 days to go until I go to IBG!

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet-lag and I haven't even left home yet :(

Oh yes I meant Dreams PB webcam - and it's still out...??! Well poop :(

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jet-lag and I haven't even left home yet :(

NO more shopping ..even on line...I bought way to many new thinks in the past month :( to tempting.

Cocktails are always nice :)

Yes I'm chilled to the bone already and it is 52 out not even cold...but no sun. Having a very hot bowl of chicken noodle soup to warm up the insides.

And there's DD ...at least I think she is getting excited...trying to get her to help pack her clothes.. that not working either. DH is in North Dakota hunting...so at least I don't have to worry about him :)

The camera is still down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DC

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,916 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jet-lag and I haven't even left home yet :(

Give DD kick in butt and jumpstart her! You got some great suggestions here. Hang in there girlie!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jet-lag and I haven't even left home yet :(

All will be fine.. today I have a very busy day, it will pass by quickly....we shouldn't rush a vacation.. the vacations time itself will be over soon too :(

But on the brighter side.... I'll get to book the next vacation :) Since DH didn't get to go on this trip maybe we will travel back to PC in late winter ...gosh would that not be just terrible ...lol

DC