We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist card?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
connecticut
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tourist card?

I am looking to purchase tourist cards for my husband, myself, and our two friends before we go. What kind of information do I need , all our names? Addresses?? Or anything else?? Thanks :))

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist card?

No info needed, just your $$

https://www.dgii.gov.do/Tturistaweb/

connecticut
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist card?

Thank you !! December 1st can't come soon enough :))

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist card?

End of Feb. for us, argh! The tourist card is good for a year, so buy them whenever you want. They get emailed to you as a pdf.

Safe Travels

Edited: 16 October 2013, 20:44
California
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist card?

November 29 to the 9 of Dec.

connecticut
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist card?

We will be there from Dec 1st-5th, short little trip, but will be great to escape the Connecticut winter , even if it's only for a few days!! Looks like we will be there when you are there Rick:))

6. Re: Tourist card?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 October 2013, 02:27
Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
55 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist card?

Matt - thanks again used the above link - Angel, used it to get 4...super easy!!!!

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist card?

Weren't these cards suppose to be added towards the total cost of your vacation trip? As I was once told by someone.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tourist card?

Yes, one way or another, whether it's included in your flight, or you have to pay it at the airport, it's part of the cost of your trip - as is the departure tax, transfer, etc.

Mark

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,995 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tourist card?

CanadaGuy1980,

As a Canadian, your Tourist Card will be provided to you on the aircraft by your Tour Operator - when you depart from Punta Cana, there is a Departure Tax card to fill out - the cost of the tourist card and the departure tax is $10 and $20 US respectively - these costs are included in the price you paid for your all inclusive under "taxes". This differs for our American neighbours flying to Punta Cana.

The only exception to this for Canadians happens if your Tour Operator is SunWing Vacations or Signature Vacations - they do not include these taxes in the prices they will charge you for your vacation package and you therefore will be required to pay these in US $ at the airport in Punta Cana.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)