We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ambar Pools

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
442 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ambar Pools

I know this is a silly question, but, is the pool or a pool at the Ambar heated in the cooler months? We are going in mid November (normally do PC in April) and am worried that the water will be too cold in both the ocean and the pools. We "normally" do Mexico or Jamaica at this time of year and it is too chilly in the water for me!

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,887 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ambar Pools

I cannot say about the Ambar but can tell you do NOT worry about November. it is NOT cool in the DR at that time, usually. Generally, most of your pools are NOT heated because the sun is THAT hot.

Hopefully some of our Bahia Experts will chime in.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ambar Pools

I don't know about Jamaica in November, but I have been to the Mayan Riviera in November, and found it chilly in the pools. Cuba was outright cold. I've been to Punta Cana in November / December quite a few times, and while it's not soup like, it's been a nice temperature for me.

Mark

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,936 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ambar Pools

Mollyga

The pools are not heated - no need to do so any time of the year at the Ambar - the pool is in the direct sun all year. You will find the pools along with the ocean waters more than comfortable !

Traditionally, Mexico is a tad cooler during the winter months, than Punta Cana, from my

experience's.

Hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
442 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ambar Pools

thanks for the replys! We are one month away and so excited!

5. Re: Ambar Pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 06:20