We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a driver

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a driver

I am looking to hire a driver to take me from PUJ to Bayahibe ( Be live Canoa) on 02-04-2014 about 10:30-11PM. Does anyone know a safe honest reliable source? No Pets, light luggage.

I will look into any responses.

Thx

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a driver

Hi - we had VIP Travel Services for transport as part of our package - they were very good. Here are some others who come highly recommended by posters on here. Good luck and enjoy your trip! :D

http://www.conexiontour.com/

http://ibkservicios.com/

http://www.dominicanairporttransfers.com/

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a driver

at that time of the night,

grab a cabby, hopp aboard and 45 minutes later you check in.

Mike

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a driver

Curious, What is the speed limit on the route from PUJ to Bayahibe? I would just get a room near airport that night, but then would be paying for both. Didn't realize the late arrival, my brain didn't compute.

What are your charter rates? I am going to check your Facebook.

Thanks

J

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a driver

sppedlimit is a 100km/hr i guess, but never paid much of attention since a while, i always ride my smooth 100-120 anyways as long as the highway is empty to allow it.

don't worry about that ride by night, it is a smooth safe road, brand new.

Mike

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a driver

Deriak - we had a great time on Mike's charter last year - would highly recommend. Here is his link www.mikesmarina.info

Enjoy!

Bugs

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring a driver

when are the "Bugs" due to be back in town?

Mike

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiring a driver

Maybe early December . . . if not, will wait until after Easter. Big group has decided on Jamaica for the February trip this year.

Bugs

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hiring a driver

We've also looked into a company for private transfer from Punta Cana airport (PUJ) to Bayahibe.

How much would it cost to just grab a cab at the airport? I hear you should agree on a price before you accept a ride.

Thanks, Liz

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hiring a driver

the Taxis at the airport have right there a big bord which shows all the prices to all hotels, including Bayahibe. they are fix rates. PUJ to Bayahibe should be around $115.- -$125.- one way for up to 4 passengers. the bord also shows the addy for additional persons and the addy for the nightshift, so there can not be any confusion on the price at the airport..

Mike

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hiring a driver

Thanks so much for the info!

We found a private return airport transfer with Dominican Quest for US$180 so will probably go that route, particularly knowing our driver will be waiting at our resort for the return trip.

Thanks again,

Liz