We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cleaning bubba kegs?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Cleaning bubba kegs?

How does everyone clean their bubba kegs at the resorts? I figure it's ok to use the tap water to do the initial clean with soap, but do people use tap water to rinse them out or do you use bottled water. Just curious :)

Thanks!

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cleaning bubba kegs?

Last thing I do before I head to bed....wash out the Bubba Mug. A little soap and hot water and I let it air dry, upside down, on a slant propped up against the lid so it air dries. Nice and fresh in the A.M.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cleaning bubba kegs?

I tended to drink the same thing, so I would just pour an inch of water in, from the bottle, slap the cap on and give it a shake. Air dry overnight

Edited: 21 October 2013, 13:25
Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cleaning bubba kegs?

I read where someone ran bottled water through the coffee maker, and used that with a touch of soap to wash out their Bubba, and then let it dry upside down... obviously not boiling hot water, but at least warm enough to wash with, and they felt better not using the tap water :0

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cleaning bubba kegs?

I was just thinking of this this morning... I always have dish soap along...but just wonder about the water part..

DC

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,141 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cleaning bubba kegs?

The inside of the Bubba is stainless steel.... so nothing bad is gonna live on it, after the water dries. One benefit of using a stainless-lined drinking vessel vs. a plastic one, perhaps. So, I wouldn't hesitate to wash it with a little dish soap and tap water, and let it dry thoroughly before using it again.

Brampton
Level Contributor
990 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cleaning bubba kegs?

I Usually just rinse mine out with bottle water...

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cleaning bubba kegs?

I've taken a little ziploc with dishsoap to wash it out every night and rinse with bottle water and I have taken Clorox wipes and wiped them out and then rinsed. The wipes seemed to be the easier method.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
814 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cleaning bubba kegs?

Wash it with Beer it kills all the germs :)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cleaning bubba kegs?

How are your glasses washed in the bars etc??

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cleaning bubba kegs?

We also use the tap water to rinse with and let it air dry overnight and ready to go the next day!! We use the stainless ones too. Never had an issue. They are packed as I type to head tp Punta Cana this Saturday and already checking prices for March!!