We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Bavaro - SOLD OUT in November?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Bavaro - SOLD OUT in November?

Couldn't believe it, but it seems to be truth. Thought it was low season and we're able to get a room, once we get a less expensive flight, now that airfares went down we had to learn the the Grand is sold out nearly the whole month. :(

Which resort would you recommend for a thirty something couple? We're looking for a relaxing beach holiday, in a clean environment. No big animation, some sports and very important; good food!

We were thinking in Breathless, because it's new and has great rates, but we're concerned that it might be to much party for us.

Thank you for any advice!

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro - SOLD OUT in November?

I believe it! I'm booked there in mid Nov (we booked our trip in January 2013) and I happened to check on the rates for the week we are traveling (I was just curious) and I found out that 4 out of the 7 days we were staying at the IBG were sold out (zero rooms available)...the whole week may be booked up now for all I know, but I had no idea that early/mid Nov was so popular either (I thought it was mostly the end of Nov and on...I was obviously wrong)...

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,181 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro - SOLD OUT in November?

Are you booking direct or with a tour company. ? For example Christmas has never shown up as available at the Bavaro on some sights but Apple had no problem booking me at the resort. I am pretty sure the operators have guaranteed blocks.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro - SOLD OUT in November?

If you really want the Iberostar Grand Bavaro, you might consider the Iberostar Bavaro next door. Before the Grand was built, I stayed there 3 times and really liked it. Although it is not adults only, unless you go on a school vacation there should be very few children there. (maybe some pre-schoolers)

You might just be able to upgrade to the Grand once you are there.

Previously, we have stayed at Secrets Royal Beach, Bahia Principe Ambar, and last year at the Riu Palace Macao which are all adults onoly. Hard to say which one I would choose over the other.

Keep us all posted of where you wind up. We will be at the Grand for the fourth time Nov. 29

4. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro - SOLD OUT in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 05:21