We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Always remember to keep an eye on your flights after you buy

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Always remember to keep an eye on your flights after you buy

I booked in August throught JetBlue Getaways. I saw they were running a sale yesterday for 30% off airfare when you book a Getaways package. I called, and they were able to credit $53 per traveller good for use on a future Getaways booking.

I'm sure not all airlines honor this, but that's one great thing about JetBlue. Always keep an eye out!

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Always remember to keep an eye on your flights after you buy

The same thing happened to us. We booked EPC in late August through a local travel agent and the price dropped twice, once on August 29th and again on Sept. 6th for a total of $297 West Jet dollars to be used on a future vacation. It was thanks to this forum on Trip advisor that I even thought to keep checking prices online.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Always remember to keep an eye on your flights after you buy

Yikes - we booked in late August for next July, and when I checked the other day, our flights had gone from $1374 for both all in, to a little over $1600. My daughter's flight to Heathrow for January was $995 when we first looked, went to over $1200 a few weeks later (so we booked fearing it would go up) and then 2 weeks later, back to the $995. Yes, keep an eye!!

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Always remember to keep an eye on your flights after you buy

I should have added that our WestJet AI pkg. price has gone back up to an even higher price than when we booked in August but we still get to keep the $295 WestJet dollar credit of course. We're surprised that the package is still available as it is a 10 day pkg. which seems hard to find for some of our favourite PC resorts.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Always remember to keep an eye on your flights after you buy

Jet Blue is the best!! They have credited my True Blue acct several times for the same ticket. They will credit you more than once but you have to monitor the flights. Always check on the big holidays ( Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years).

5. Re: Always remember to keep an eye on your flights after you buy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 05:22