We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for family with Tweens ?

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for family with Tweens ?

We went to Club Med in Punta Cana last year and my. 8&12 yr olds loved (Loved) it, but this year the promotions are not the same and price would be 3X so we are looking at other options.

Many hotels have little kids clubs, but my kids liked being able to do more mature things like the archery, skateboarding, trapeze, theater, and sailing. I know that the activities are going to vary, but does anyone have any suggestions for other properties with great tween/teen programs?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,799 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for family with Tweens ?

Welcome to the forum John A:

In Punta Cana, we found that Club Med and the Grand Palladium complex have the two best kid/tween/teen activity programs.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for family with Tweens ?

I still like Ocean Blue and Sands for older kids. My then 16 yr old daughter loved the climbing wall at the beach, the bowling alley/ pool room, and upstairs game room. She spent much time at Mike's coffee house with their delectable selections and frozen drinks :) She never had any complaints about the food, she was into the pizza all day long. There's an American Diner there that had curly fries and burgers like back home, lol. She had a great vacation as we did. The WiFi was also to her liking so she could send pics home all the time too!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for family with Tweens ?

We've stayed with our son (now 10) at the Iberostar Bavaro, Dreams Palm Beach and Melia Caribe -all great. We've also been to the Palladium (without our son) and liked it - it gets great reviews for families, but Iberostar was our overall favourite.

4. Re: Recommendations for family with Tweens ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 04:18