We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renovations at The Grand Palladium Bavaro?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Renovations at The Grand Palladium Bavaro?

Hi all.

I'm thinking very seriously about going here for my honeymoon and we are about to book however I've heard renovations have been ongoing for the past couple of years... Anyone know how much is left to do and if if will still be ongoing July 2014? Much obliged.

Mathew

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renovations at The Grand Palladium Bavaro?

Had the same question but in regard to late December 2013 travel plans...how is the reno looking like right now? Does it seem near ending point? Which section exactly is affected? thanks.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renovations at The Grand Palladium Bavaro?

As per travel weekly , november 4th 2013

The Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa in Punta Cana completed a $25 million, 177-room expansion.

The new rooms are housed in four buildings: three three-story buildings with 54 rooms each and one two-story building with 15 suites.

Rooms on the top floors feature a covered terrace with a circular Jacuzzi on a wooden deck.

Each of the two-story loft suites includes Jacuzzis and a Bali-style bed on the roof terrace.

The expansion/renovation also included a new Mexican restaurant, updates to the lobby and the buffet-style La Catedral restaurant, a new terrace and seating area for the Asian restaurant and a wine cellar for the Spanish a la carte restaurant.

The resort completed a renovation of its existing guestrooms, pools and kids club in 2012.

Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Renovations at The Grand Palladium Bavaro?

Renovations at Grand Palladium Bavaro will be finished this month. Maybe the 3 a la carte restaurants will be finished first or second week on December. Regards

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renovations at The Grand Palladium Bavaro?

The lobby is completed , restaurants should be done. By the end of the month, 2 of the the new building by the end of the month and the other 2 early in Dec. I can't think of anything else. In the bavaro section that would need renovating . I imagine that there will be work being done at the sister resorts news summer/fall as that is when all resorts do needed work

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renovations at The Grand Palladium Bavaro?

I am travelling here in March 2014 and I emailed the resort about the renovations and they assured me all will be finished by then.

6. Re: Renovations at The Grand Palladium Bavaro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:16