We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Difference

CHICAGO
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Difference

Hi!

I am considering heading to Punta Cana again in 2014! We went 2 years ago and stayed at Dreams Palm Beach and loved it~ we love the Dreams/Secrets Resorts. I noticed Dreams Punta Cana and am curious if anyone knows the difference between the 2 resorts.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks,

heather

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Difference

the dreams punta cana is located further away from the airport, 1 hr one way from punta cana.

the biggest difference is the beach, as the water is often very rough at the dreams punta cana, while it is very calm at the dreams palm beach.

otherwise they are comparable, run on the same standards, good middle of the road hotels.

have fun

Mike

CHICAGO
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Difference

thanks mike. that helps me decide!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Difference

DPC has a non commercial beach, more tropical resort setting. Water is wavy. DPB is more compact but closer to the airport. Setting is not as tropical as DPC. Smaller beach but calmer water. DPC has more diverse restaurant locations but more spread out.

CHICAGO
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Difference

with the water being not as calm at DPC vs DPB...is the water at the resort at least calm enough to go out and snorkel? We love to snorkel daily, but would also love the tropical setting.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
40 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Difference

MARIESTEIN, you might want to consider Dreams La Romana instead. I've been doing a little research too and have been reading that Dreams La Romana has much calmer water and an off-shore reef so the snorkeling is supposed to be much, much better than in Punta Cana. If the DPC is an hour from the airport, the DLR wouldn't be much further.

CHICAGO
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Difference

maserk~ thank you...I was just starting to look at that resort too!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Difference

no way do you snorkel at DCP. terrible beach in my opinion

CHICAGO
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Difference

Teflon...why do you say that? snorkeling is a daily (all day) for us....and we would be so disappointed... can you elaborate for me?

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Difference

I agree...it will be very difficult to snorkel at DPC. The currents can be quite strong with a strong undertow.

DLR is a much better choice for snorkeling.

10. Re: Dreams Difference

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 05:18