We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel was it?? I don't remember!

Toronto
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel was it?? I don't remember!

When I was in Punta Cana a couple of years ago, I stayed at the Catalonia. While there, we did a day trip to the French Canadian jewellery lady -- I think her name was Nicole?? Anyway, they arranged the transportation back.

On the way back to the Catalonia, we stopped at several places to drop people off. One of the hotels really caught my eye and I wrote down the name, but lost the paper and I don't remember what it was called!

I'm hoping that if I describe it, it will wring a bell with someone who has stayed there.

It was a large hotel. Probably close to a 1000 room, if not more.

When the bus pulled into the circular drive out front, we could look right through the lobby and out on to the beach and the ocean. I think that the front of the hotel is on higher ground than the back of the hotel as it seems that we looked down on the beach. I'm not sure, but I think that the lobby area may have been two stories -- not just tall, but two actual stories.

Maybe someone who also went to see the jewellery lady might recognize the hotel stop??

Any ideas?

Hope someone can help -- and if you know which hotel is it, and have stayed there, did you like it??

Thanks so much!!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
778 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel was it?? I don't remember!

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel was it?? I don't remember!

Paradisus palma real?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel was it?? I don't remember!

Barcelo Palace de Luxe or Paradisus Palma Real.

the letters at the mainentrance to the Paradisus also show the name Sol Melia, the entrance to the Barcelo shows their name Barcelo and has a fountain type waterthingy at the large roundabout bfore you enter the mainentrance.

was the way from the main entrance to the lobby with many Trees like a jungle on both sides of the road? then it was the Barcelo.

Mike

Toronto
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel was it?? I don't remember!

Thank you for your replies. I looked at the photos from both hotels and I suspect that it was the Barcelo. The Palma Real seems to have a lot of pillars everywhere, and I don't remember seeing pillars, (or at least not being overwhelmed by them!) The other option might be the Grand Paradise Bavaro although I'm not sure that's on the route back from Nicole's place. It does appear to have a two storey lobby, although, from what I understand, that hotel has been renovated and rebranded as Memories Splash. ??

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel was it?? I don't remember!

I doubt it would be the former Grand Paradise Bavaro - as you can see from the map it's quite a distance from the Catalonia.

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

Toronto
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel was it?? I don't remember!

That is a GREAT map!! I have been looking for something like that. Thanks!

7. Re: Which hotel was it?? I don't remember!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 06:18