We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January weather and adult only recommendations?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
January weather and adult only recommendations?

Hello!

Looking to book in early/mid January, is the weather in Dominican favorable?

Any recommendations for adult only resorts?

I traveled to Punta Cana for the first time in 2012 to Majetic Colonial and was very happy with the resort (not much nightlife/liveliness, terrible customer service, etc.)

Thank you kindly!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: January weather and adult only recommendations?

The weather in PC is favorable all year long as posted in many recent threads.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k69624…

As far as Adult Only AI's you mentioned that you didn't find much nightlife/liveliness, so you probably won't be pleased with ME, we thought the same thing about it this past Aug. But for this Feb we are going to the Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar, this is the adult only section of what I think of as a mega resort and as guests of the Ambar you are allowed to share amenities with it's sister resorts. There seems to be much to do there.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 16:03
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: January weather and adult only recommendations?

I went back to look for Brooklin's post about the dates of availability and see that January is very popular, you may have to check with your TA to see what's open at this point.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: January weather and adult only recommendations?

in all honestly,, you are not going to get a AO the is lively,,,

also liveliness can also depend on demographic at the resort when you are there,, as one resort I went to twice , first time was lots of active people friendly fun outgoing,, went back for a second trip a year later and you could hear a pin drop most evenings,,

maybe hard rock is worth a look for you

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: January weather and adult only recommendations?

Breathless Punta Cana is adult only that is opening November 15th. It is being marketed as a more lively adults only resort. There are a few threads that are currently very active on this forum that also has links to pics. You can go to Breathless Punta Cana website for more info as well.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: January weather and adult only recommendations?

Breathless is being marketed that way,,, but that being said its virtually unknown if thats what it will be,,

what is the OP looking for as being "lively" .... as that can be subjective

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: January weather and adult only recommendations?

<<< what is the OP looking for as being "lively" .... as that can be subjective >>>

Very true as we thought The Colonial was MUCH livelier than the ME and found ourselves drawn to that side many times :)

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: January weather and adult only recommendations?

taprice like another poster said.. sometimes it depends on the other people at the resort.... somtimes everyone just clicks and sometimes they dont

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: January weather and adult only recommendations?

It can also depend on the resort and the activities they organize. We have found that live music tends to get a lot of people around and dancing.

Resorts that stop all activities while the theater show is on we find boring. After years of traveling the shows are close to all being the same and don't interest us at all. Secrets have had live music while the show was on so we found it much more fun and lively in the evening. Everyone is different. Breathless is targeting a more social environment then must adult only with after hour pool and beach parties, cigar lounge, live music, martini bar as well as daytime activities. I hope it works out.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: January weather and adult only recommendations?

Yes, I was in part referring to some of the things the hotel did on the Colonial side like setting up tables outside of the lobby each night. One night gormet rum punches with trppical fruits, another night it was booths with little pineapples filled with rum and pictures, things that the ME side did not do.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: January weather and adult only recommendations?

Whoops, meant very unhappy*.

By lively I mean, guests still at the lobby bar or disco drinking after/well-after dinner. MC lobby bar was a ghost town every night.

Thank you everyone for your replies.