We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia, Orbitz anyone for an advice?

california
Level Contributor
50 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Expedia, Orbitz anyone for an advice?

Booking summer 2014 family trip to PC, Im finding better deals booking through Expedia/Órbitz for hotel+flight, than direct with airline and them with the hotel deleite (Copa & Iberostar PC), I read mixed reviews, is too risky? is better to paid extra$$$ and do it separately?, antoje Did it and actually works? What hallen is the flight is calcel and is a third party involve? want the Best for our trip :).Thanks for feedback.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia, Orbitz anyone for an advice?

I've actually booked my next trip with hotel and flight separate in Feb with Expedia and the one after that in Apr with Orbitz. This will be my first time to do so, but it was a considerable savings of money versus booking with tour operators so I'm hoping for the best. From what I've read on here, lots of people do it and have not had any issues. Keep in mind, you do have to pay your transportation to/from the airport and you should get travellers insurance.

california
Level Contributor
50 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia, Orbitz anyone for an advice?

Thank yoy for your answer, can I buy the insure with them too? Just curiosity, why you buy separate hotel and flight? in the same Expedia? was a better Deal? Im learning :) Good luck in your trip, and post a review when you came back to know if works like you expect.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia, Orbitz anyone for an advice?

We travel out of the country every winter and I always use expedia, orbitz and funjet (whichever is cheapest). The main reason people book hotel direct and separate the air vs a package is because then you only have to pay a deposit to hold your room and can pay the balance later. In my experience it's always cost more to do this so if you have the money, pay now and get the package deal. As for the insurance, read the fine print. If you need a "cancel for any reason" policy, you'll have to purchase from an outside source.

Level Contributor
62 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expedia, Orbitz anyone for an advice?

Every trip I have ever gone on I have booked thru expedia or Travelocity. I never had any problems with anything.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Expedia, Orbitz anyone for an advice?

We just booked with Expedia for a trip to Vegas Thanksgiving week and booked with them early September for a 2 hotel trip and everything so far has been great. The only issue I have is there seems to be a small language barrier with every person I have dealt with, mostly heavy accents, so there is a lot of "can you repeat that" and "I am having trouble understanding you". You can avoid speaking to a representative and just find and book your itinerary online, but I feel more comfortable taking with a "live" person, even though it's a bit challenging at times.

6. Re: Expedia, Orbitz anyone for an advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 05:17