We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!! Melia Caribe Tropical or Paradisus Cancun?!

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!! Melia Caribe Tropical or Paradisus Cancun?!

Hello Everyone! Please don't scold me for posting this on the PC forum, but I need some help! Last year we stayed at the Paradisus Palma Real and LOVED it. This year for us to go after Christmas - it is way too expensive. I am looking at the Melia Caribe Tropical - which seems pretty average and the Paradisus Cancun - which seems to be getting better reviews!

If anyone has advice - I would appreciate it!! Our first choice would normally be PC, but sometimes a better hotel will sway me!

Thank You!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!! Melia Caribe Tropical or Paradisus Cancun?!

We went to the Melia last year and really liked it - found the food at the a la cartes for dinner was excellent - breakfast/lunch was just average. Beach there is gorgeous, staff was great - only minor complaints. I can't comment/compare to the Paradisus as I haven't been.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,964 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!! Melia Caribe Tropical or Paradisus Cancun?!

I don't know about Paradisus Cancun. I have stayed at another Paradisus in the Mayan Riviera (which no longer exists), and Paradisus Palma Real, as well as Melia Caribe Tropical. All of the Paradisus resorts were more upscale than Melia.

Mark

3. Re: HELP!! Melia Caribe Tropical or Paradisus Cancun?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 05:18