We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great "Butler" at Ambar?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Great "Butler" at Ambar?

Just wondering if anyone has recently been to Ambar and has had a "great butler" they would recommend? I have read sometimes it is hit and miss and I would like to request someone specific (I realize just a request). I think a butler (or concierge) can make a difference with the 'little things' and we are there almost two weeks, so I think this would be a helpful service.

canada
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great "Butler" at Ambar?

Yeson (pronounced Jason) is the best we have encountered on our three trips to the ambar. We will always request him from now on.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great "Butler" at Ambar?

Thanks gregnlynn, and thanks for your "live posts" when you were at the Ambar, they were very helpful. Do you know if Yeson has certain blocks or rooms he looks after? The last review just spoke of him as well.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Great "Butler" at Ambar?

what is named the "Butlers", is the concierge staff/staff of guest services, they of course have to take turns on their shedules and shifts as each of them works only a specific amount of hours out of the 24hrs days/nights and takes weekly and/or byweekly also days off, so for a 2 weeks stay, during your 24/7 included butler service, you will most likely in touch with more than one, specially when you plan to contact them often, as the same person will not be around 24/7 for 2 weeks.

Mike

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great "Butler" at Ambar?

Thanks Mike, yes I realize the same butler/concierge is not on call 24/7. I just wondered if anyone had a good experience with someone specific. And I actually am hoping not to "contact them often", as I said it's just the "little things" to make the trip extra special or if we need something specific.

Mascoutah, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great "Butler" at Ambar?

When do u go on your trip? Let me know how the service is/was with the butler. I will b there 12/15 thru 12/22. Yes, u r right, the little things make your vacation special.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great "Butler" at Ambar?

Dfeazel, I will let you know how the service is when I see you poolside!! We will be there the same time as you December 8-20th!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Great "Butler" at Ambar?

a little hint for the ones who stay at a hotel where they have not such extra concierge/Butler services offered, for what ever small stuff you would like to have to make a day a special day, like pedal roses around a already prepared ready to rumble jacuzzi, or a specific extra bottle of wine on the room/balcony table when coming back from dinner etc etc etc, the guys and gals to go to are the room maid and the guys/gal restocking the rooms stuff like roomfridge/ bringing the lil afternoon snacks to the room like the ham &cheese and fishie rolls/canopees etc, be nice with them gives everything a butler could ever do and even more, it always works out, and no need to wait for a specific staff member to finish with the butler request at a neighbour room and then come over to proceed on our room.

MIke

8. Re: Great "Butler" at Ambar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 06:20