We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

We're back! It's as gorgeous as ever! Already saw the new two story club lounge and going to check out the new See & Sea......and Maxima, of course. Haha

For Bomberro, first post is short.

Sooooo glad to be here. There were snow flurries as we left NJ this morning. Perfect sun here in PC.

Toronto
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
121. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Will do for sure.... cant wait

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
122. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Not that it hasn't occurred to me before now, but MAN the whole lot of you are making me want to stay at the ME, lol :D

Live posts are always a lot of fun to follow - thanks desi and sailman, and everyone else who joins in to add their experiences and share their excitement!!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
241 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
123. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Sailman I hope there's some chicken left when we arrive next week (j/k).

Thanks for the updates everyone...such a treat to read your posts :).

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
124. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Thanks Desi for the Colonial update. We did dinner there last year but maybe we will see about doing a lunch one day instead. If I can drag my friend away from the bali beds and Club fried Chicken long enough.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
125. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Should have mentioned I am also anxious to hear of any menu changes in any of the restaurants since last year.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
126. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

I forgot to mention the bananas flambé at Colonial's Club lunch. We had all had too much to eat to have dessert, so we ordered one plate for the four of us......perfect...it came with four bananas.....oh, so good.

Sackie--There are always three things in hot dishes in the upper club lounge. Late yesterday there were crab claws, fried chicken, and I can't remember the third. There are also cold items, including little sandwiches . You will find tasty items on spoons for perfect bite size items. The chocolates always seem to out in the downstairs lounges. Yesterday they closed the downstairs lounges for a awhile as they did some more updating. I think they have some more new furniture to install.

One complaint about the room...same as in the past. The clock runs 5 to 10 minutes fast every day. We bring our own travel clock, but find we re- set the one that comes with the room each day anyway.

I mis-read my dinner list last night......looked at the wrong night. We were supposed to go to S&S. We'll do that tonight. Since the weather was a little odd last night, tonight will be a better night for it. The sun is out bright and shiny. Today will be a great day to walk the beach south past the vacant lot.

We grabbed a late small lunch at S & S yesterday. The grill guy made me a great steak burrito with peppers and onions and cheese. He even grills the wrap. Hubby went for the fried chicken. It's funny, but we don't eat fried chicken often at home, but here, we just can't help ourselves. We keep telling ourselves to have some of the fresh fish they will freshly grill for you, but keep grabbing the chicken.

We are NOT buffet people for dinner, but last night was enjoyable. Hubby was more thrilled than me. I had no complaints, I just prefer a la carte dining. The boneless sirloin was delicious and tender. We even got our medium rare, just the way we wanted it. The spinach was really tasty. Hubby also tried the boneless pork chops. He raved about them. If there had been bones, the meat would have just fallen off them....really tender and in a flavorful sauce.

The house wines, both red and white continue to be good. I've noticed that the white is always served at the right chill, no matter what venue. The chocolates and truffles, especially the raspberry filled ones are going to my downfall here.

Drg will be here in less than a week and vaporgirrl will be right behind her. There are a lot of repeat guests here now and going to a club pool bar or the lower lobby bar is like meeting up with many friends. One couple we've met here before more than once went house hunting yesterday and found something they really liked. Now the group discussion is whether they would enjoy it as much as being waited on by Maxima and all.

We pre-ordered the tourist card last visit. This time I did not. For our arrival times it doesn't even save us 5 minutes. We'll probably go back to pre-ordering, just in case we were to arrive with many planes at once. In that case you would save considerable time.

The sun is calling to me....oh, maybe that's hubby. Hehe

toronto
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
127. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Desi!! Thanks for all your posts!!! I feel as if my vacation started November 12th ....hehe....see you soon and yes again, these food posts are making me very hungry!! :D

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
128. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Great Post. Glad your raft is fixed!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
129. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Desi: Quick question; how do you get access to the Colonial Club lunch when you stay at ME? We stayed at ME Club last year, and going back next week, but don't remember having the option of eating over on the Colonial side. The club wasn't open over there last year though, if that has something to do with it?

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
130. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

It is something special that they offer to some repeat guests that have been there quite often. Desi has been there multiple times and therefore gets some extra perks. They only usually offer 1 or 2 meals at the Colonial and it has to be booked and arranged in advance. Desi just chooses to have lunch there instead of a dinner.

There are different things they offer to repeat guests. Some get a dinner on the beach or gazebo or a free massage. It is something nice they do!