We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

We're back! It's as gorgeous as ever! Already saw the new two story club lounge and going to check out the new See & Sea......and Maxima, of course. Haha

For Bomberro, first post is short.

Sooooo glad to be here. There were snow flurries as we left NJ this morning. Perfect sun here in PC.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
201. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Been great having these live posts to read. :) We leave this Sunday for ME and booked a Standard Jr. Suite in the Elegance Club...would love a contact to notify of our birthdays we are celebrating while there, mine on 12/13 and his on 12/19...any suggestions are welcomed. We've traveled to Bahamas, Jamaica and Mexico but it'll be the first time to DR.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
202. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Happy soon bithdays! We are goin back on my Birthday too, which is also our wedding anniversary and 1yr ME anniversary.

Elegance Club Manager is Argenis Guzmán aguzman@majestic-resorts.com

You may get a banner on your door and I saw a few small cakes going around too.

If you have it, make sure to include hotel confirmation number, dates and booking agent (expedia, apple, etc.) in your email.

Edited: 03 December 2013, 13:38
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
467 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
203. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

39 days to go. Desi, you are making the anticipation just that much better! :-)

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
204. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Sorry if I got a bit lazy on the posts near the end of the trip. Hubby was wanting his attention. Yesterday was full of goodbyes and travel. Lots of goodbyes. Luckily no problems at airport. We were lucky that we were flying 1st class and we were pre-checked in. Luggage check in took about 3 minutes and we went through the expedited security line. We could not get off the plane in Newark though. They could not get the door to meet the skyramp. It was a lengthy delay.

One thing new I noticed at :Punta Cana airport.........covered steps to planes and buses to/from planes. I think, however, that it depends on the airline as to whether the services are provided, not sure. We flew United and a bus took us from terminal to plane. Some people had bus service and some were still seen walking. It was hot as blazes when we were departing around 3:30 in the afternoon, so that, and then seeing that there are clear "domes" over the steps to the plane was greatly appreciated. I noticed JetBlue also using the covered domes. Hubby was really pleased with these two changes. The walk from the room to lobby for check out in "real" clothes was brutal.

Our last full day and night were packed with both relaxation and fun. The beach was gorgeous and the pools are always lovely. Hubby got to float on the raft in the pool and I did it in the sea in the "new club beach" area. You don't have to bring your own floatie to enjoy. a bunch of people were using the boogie boards provided by the water sports hut (complimentary). The "flags" had changed to yellow from red and there was still a little wave action, but much less than in the past many days.

Our last night we did a wine tasting dinner with two other couples, one from Canada and one from Austria. We all had a blast. It is held in a wine tasting room adjacent to the Italian restaurant. (The Italian is open again after the enlargement of the kitchen.) The food was delicious and the wines were wonderful. Our group decided to continue the party at the upper lobby bar afterwards.

Things keep changing at ME. On the morning we were leaving there were new cushion covers being put on all the couches, love seats, and chairs in the upper lobby. They were also putting up the Xmas decorations all over the resort, including a tree in the upper lobby. We started our final day the way we always do with sit down breakfast in the Italian restaurant.

Three weeks was not too long for us, but I'm thinking the staff was relieved to see us go. haha I'm on my way to the office, after making my own tea (horrors!). I truly wish I was deciding whether to go to the See and See, the Italian, one of the club lounges, the upper lobby bar, the outside courtyard, or even the main buffet for morning coffee/tea.......Oh, boy do I wish I was still making those decisions.

Chicago Burb
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
205. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Desi, I'm sending out positive thoughts for you today. Back home after 3 weeks of paradise and you're heading into the office. Ugh! That's a total downer!

Thanks for taking time away from hubby to give us our ME fix. It's much appreciated! We have 51 days until we will be enjoying all the improvements. 😎

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,919 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
206. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Glad you got to do the Wine Tasting again and enjoyed it so much. It is one thing I am really looking forward to doing again this trip.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
207. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Great reading Desi - so much fun to log on every day and get your update. We too arrive in 51 days for our first time in Punta Cana - your live post last year is what sold us on ME.

Thanks again for giving us your vacation time!!

murillo
Level Contributor
6,082 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
208. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

we are going to be in PC on Feb 18 for 10 days... think i could use your Limo for to or from the airport...? I know you don't usually go then ... The Limo goes to other resorts too ... eh ? I'm on vacation right now...lol we got a foot of snow yesterday.. when we get back from the south , my first time driving my truck just feels weired...

Edited: 04 December 2013, 16:41
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
209. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

The wine tasting dinner yummmmm - can't wait to dine there once again this April!

It's always a downer coming home Desi, but be sure to let us know when your next countdown begins!

Sheryl

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
210. Re: Back on Majestic Elegance Terrace......YIPPEEE!!!!

Desi, glad to hear you are home safe and sound - but yes, a big "ugh" for sure at having to readjust to life at home.

Your live-froms are always such a pleasure to read, painting such a wonderful picture for those itching to return to the ME, or those about to embark on their first adventure there - as I've read some of your posts to hubby, especially with the Club changes/additions, our interest is certainly piqued for a stay in the future...

Please give your man a big kiss and hug from all of us - our appreciation for the time you took to post in with the great updates while on holiday :D