We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe Royal Golden

Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Principe Royal Golden

Has anyone stayed in the Royal Golden section through Air Transat recently? I'm wondering if they still check you in on the bus on the way to the resort or do they check you in at the hotel?

Thanks

Canada
Level Contributor
853 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe Royal Golden

We went with Transat Holidays last December and are going again this December. Same hotel/package.

Transat does guarantee a direct transfer to the hotel (which means no pit stops for other hotels). However, they don't always check you in on the bus. It really depends on how busy they are and which Transat rep is on your bus.

Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe Royal Golden

Thanks for the info.

I know we can get the free transfer, however for a change I might try a private transfer there and back this time. The only problem is that I don't want to do this if they check you in and give you your bracelet on the bus like they have done a few times before.

I'm thinking that because it is so busy in December, they may want to avoid a long line at reception and do the check ins while we drive to the resort. -

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe Royal Golden

I stayed in the Royal Golden club the end of April 2013. There were 2 full buses going to the resort that night and they did check in the Royal Golden club on the bus and we did receive our bracelet on the bus.

Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Principe Royal Golden

Good to Know -

Thanks!

N L
Kamloops, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Principe Royal Golden

How do you find the Bahia Principe resort bus once you fly into the Dominican?Do they have frequent buses to and from the resort/airport? And any tips as to which Royal Golden rooms/villas are the best (quiet but also close to the beach)? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!!!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Principe Royal Golden

NL ,

As you are about to exit the airport terminal, you will see all the Tour Operators there - just ask your tour operator which bus would you take to go to the Bahia resort - he/she will direct you to the correct one - they are well signed and very easy to find.

You can have a porter take your luggage to the bus, if you wish also.

Hope this does assist you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

7. Re: Bahia Principe Royal Golden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:19