We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bug spray

Boston
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Bug spray

Hi, I bought a can of deep woods bug spray. I am wondering if I put this in my checked on luggage is this will be okay and not explode during flight? Thanks for any and all replies.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bug spray

Absolutely fine in your checked luggage - that's where we kept ours. The luggage compartments are pressurized - I kept my hairspray in my checked luggage also. We did however, put it in a Ziploc bag..:D

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bug spray

I've never had an explosion yet lol :)

Be sure to wrap it in a plastic bag or zip lock, sometimes those buggers like to leak.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bug spray

Thanks everyone! I was going to put it in ziplock bag too! just did not want it to explode and have all my clothes smell like bug spray lol. This is my first time bringing bug spray. I got bit at the ambar bad this past spring and it hurt like heck for about two days so I figured it is better to be prepared! Thanks again!

California
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bug spray

Another good thing to bring along is the mosquito coils. Burn them on your patio In the early evening and your bug free if you like to sit out there in the evenings before dinner

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bug spray

Yes we brought some mosquito coils too - the bartenders in the lobby bar lit a couple that we brought up there one night, much to their relief, lol.

Another suggestion might be hydrocortisone cream in case you do get bit - while the Afterbite worked initially, hubby found the hydrocortisone was more effective, especially for those nasty little sandflea bites - by the way, a quick spray of the Deeps Woods OFF can help prevent those too. I sprayed at the beach and hubby didn't at first :P

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bug spray

Excellent idea Rick!!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bug spray

Thanks Rick good to know!

8. Re: Bug spray

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:17