We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beach

We are going to Excellence in January and can't wait. We like to take long walks on the beach (cue the romantic music). I was wondering which resorts are known for having beautiful beaches (with not too much aggressive selling). Also, is there a day trip that you would recommend where there is a fabulous beach? Love me that turquoise water... Signed Hopeless Romantic

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach

If you're staying at Excellence, you can certainly take long walks on that beautiful beach! We stayed at Zoetry last year ( just "beside" Excellence) and saw people walking up from Excellence - turn right when facing the ocean. There are NO beach vendors along that beach you while you're walking. But there are some set up near Excellence I hear if you'd like to shop...

Haven't been, but Macao Beach is highly recommended for a visit - there are organized excursions that go there like PC Mike's Munchies in Macao (Punta Cana Mike's Dominican Adventures) or a dune buggy one that goes there too.

There's the original Bavaro Beach where many resorts sit - we're thinking of a day trip up that way to the El Cortecito area, for lunch at a popular beach restaurant (Jellyfish).

Enjoy your trip - we're returning to Zoetry in July and can't wait either :D

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,010 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach

Yes, miles of beautiful beach in Uvero Alto, in both directions from Excellence, with Zoetry and Sivory to the left, and Sirenis, Breathless, and Dreams to the right. There's also a store called Tropical Treasure near Breathless.

I've never been to Macao Beach. I have been to Bavaro Beach many times. It's a beautiful beach. Lunch at the Jellyfish restaurant is a good idea. It's in the middle of Bavaro Beach, between Melia and IFA Villas.

Mark

3. Re: Best Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 05:17