We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance Club Level Swim-UP Room

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
midwest
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance Club Level Swim-UP Room

I am booking a swim-up room at the Club level in Majestic Elegance. I am told that some of these rooms are closer to the beach (or opening into a pool that leads to the beach) while others are opening into a pool that has a swim-up bar.

My preference is to be closer to the beach and have a not too terribly noisy/busy location place (swim-up bars are way too busy and noisy for me). Which area/building/room should I request? Does anyone know which swim-up rooms at the Club level are closest to the beach?

Also - slightly unrelated, but maybe someone can answer this - is wi-fi free only at the main lodge or in your room as well? And - how is the connection?

thank you, all

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance Club Level Swim-UP Room

WiFi is free for Club Members in the VIP lounges and there is internet in teh room. We take a travel router and plug it in once in eh room you have WiFi.

The swim up suite we had was 2151, located at the first opening of the building closest to the beach. The bar was just around the corner, just outside the pool. There was no pool bar in the ME Club pool at that building.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance Club Level Swim-UP Room

While the club sections get pretty quiet after 6 (when the pools close)You will want to request the "Ella" Building location 10 days or so before your arrival via email.

Club Manager is Mr. Guzman, aguzman@majestic-resorts.com. There are no guarantess with requests, but they do their best. Make sure to include reservation/confirmation numbers, names, dates on this email.

Two of the club buildings are called Elle and Ella, they are the two closest to the beach. While you will get a better view of the ocean from Elle side, the Ella side was typically quieter.

In case you are looking at a map, from the lobby facing the beach, Elle is on the left and Ella is on the right. The swimup bar for club level, is near the building closest to the lobby, on the right.

Like said, wifi in the clubs is free to club guests, but there are rumors that they are making the entire property wifi soon.

Edited: 15 November 2013, 23:05
midwest
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance Club Level Swim-UP Room

thank you for the info!

Now I wonder - if pools are closing at 6 pm, does it mean those who stay in swim-up rooms cannot use them as well? Or swim-up rooms have "pool privileges" at all times?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance Club Level Swim-UP Room

There are no privileges fro those of us that were in those suites, although I will say this... It was dark by our room, while hubby sat poolside and dipped his legs I jumped in! We kept it quiet of course and rather than walking across the pool to get out at the ladder and then across the bridge to get back to our patio... hubby just helped pull me out, LOL.

5. Re: Majestic Elegance Club Level Swim-UP Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 05:17