We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anxiously awaiting a "Live From" for Breathless

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Anxiously awaiting a "Live From" for Breathless

Would love to hear from anyone that is there!!!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
121. Re: Anxiously awaiting a "Live From" for Breathless

I made the switch. I'll consider them again in the future when the reviews "even out" and they work out the kinks, but this time I think it was too much of a crap shoot to chance 11 hard-earned vacation days on. Majestic Elegance Club has all the things I really crave anyway (and then some), and even though I wish they had a couple of more restaurant choices, I am very happy with my descision to switch. I'm feeling quite relieved actually.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
174 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
122. Re: Anxiously awaiting a "Live From" for Breathless

Sorry to hear of the switch Arne - but if you are leery at all, then why sweat what is to be a fun time. To be honest, the early reviews are about what I would have expected, including what may be repeated posts which will end up exaggerating things. I also do not go until late January however, so remain hopeful that the kinks will be worked out and the exaggerated items will settle down.

Philadelphia...
11 posts
Save Reply
123. Re: Anxiously awaiting a "Live From" for Breathless

Been following Mike@breathlessreviewmike on Instagram. He is posting quite a few good pictures. He is not commenting much except when someone asks a question. He said he doesn't understand the restaurant wait comments on TA, because there is not enough people there to create something even close to what is being reported. He has a picture of flies, but says in a conversation with another picture that it is being over exaggerated on TA.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
124. Re: Anxiously awaiting a "Live From" for Breathless

Raoul: Yeah, if my trip wasn't until January, then I would have waited it out until we got much closer too. But since my trip is next week, I felt it was a little too close to comfort for them to work it out by then. I'm sure a lot of it is exaggerated though, and we would have had a good time there I'm sure. But we got spoiled at ME last year, and want to be spoiled again :) The reason we booked Breathless in the first place was that it from the description at the time sounded like a major step up from the Elegance (not that we needed that), but after reading everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) I've come accross about Breathless over the last couple of months, I'm not so sure that it will be. And it definitely is not there yet.

Valley Stream, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
125. Re: Anxiously awaiting a "Live From" for Breathless

I saw in 1 review they had 3 dogs in the resort? Has anybody heard or seen anything like this. I like dogs but not in a resort.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
126. Re: Anxiously awaiting a "Live From" for Breathless

I definitely remember seeing a dog in someone's photo by the pool.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
127. Re: Anxiously awaiting a "Live From" for Breathless

Yeah, there's a dog in one of the pictures on the TA review page for Breathless. I read in one review that 3 dogs were lurking around the resort. Not sure if they meant stray dogs, or domestic dogs.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
128. Re: Anxiously awaiting a "Live From" for Breathless

Regarding the dogs: there's a shop called Tropical Treasure, on the beach, just up the beach from Breathless. It's owned by a nice German lady. She takes in the stray dogs from that area. It's no surprise that there would be a few dogs wandering down to Breathless.

Mark

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
129. Re: Anxiously awaiting a "Live From" for Breathless

I've informed the owner of Tropical Treasure regarding the issue of the dogs. She's a fabulous caretaker for the beach dogs. Virtually all have been spayed/neutered and have their shots. They are very sweet and a danger to no one. However, the resort is a danger to them. When resorts have dogs hanging around and guests complain they poison the dogs. It's a horrible death. I fear for them. If you go, please don't give them any food so that they hang around. These dogs are well fed.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
130. Re: Anxiously awaiting a "Live From" for Breathless

Good going, Marg.

Mark