We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Anyone knows if Dec 1st is the Soft or Grand opening. The reason I ask is because the Royalton White Sands where advertising opening Nov 16th. But it was a soft opening (as you can see from guests), yet they booked guests anyway. Very disappointing from Blue Diamond Hotels (owned by SunWing). I hope the same thing doesn't happen in PC...

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Unfortunately I'm locked in, the word from SunWing is that I have two options;

1- cancel reservation and loose all my money

2- Sunwing may decide to move us to another hotel If they think it;s not ready.

#1 is not an option

#2 Is all up to them unless my travel agent can pull some strings which is unlikely.

I will keep watching closely the latest developments and pictures (please if you have any links, put them here).

I think it's the last time I book an hotel before opening date.

So I guess I have to hope everything will be ok as I don't want to be in a

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Sorry to hear Al - has Sunwing at least given you names of possible resorts that you could be switched to?

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

I totally understand about not having warm fuzzies in my tummy about this. We are both to arrive December 8. Plus we booked this through Orbitz. A wee bit worried about where are we going to be sleeping. I know I know somewhere in Punta Cana...hopefully. The posts that have all but disappeared from facebook that stated waterpark and restaurants were going to be open by December 1. Yikes..

Honestly what are my options. Besides worrying.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

No, I keep getting the corporate answer, don't worry it will be open Dec 1st. No other options.

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

I am calling Orbitz now.

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Can you believe it.. No contact was made at either of these numbers!

809-221-2121 or 829-421-0035

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

kpenney,

where did you get the numbers from?

looks like they are meant to be the resort's phonelines, i just dialed both from heer from my cellphone in PC, both do only ring forever, looks like none is connected to a phone/operator on duty or such.

just 10 days away from opening i would await a resort to have it's phoneline operated/answered by their operator, as it is usual that booked customers ring in and have questions or want to make specific requests or reconfirm their bookings and such

Mike

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

To Mike, you are in PC ...

If you happen to go near the Royalton, could you take some pictures for us ?

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

kopenney:

The posts about the waterpark and restaurants opening Dec 1st have been removed on their facebook page? That is driving me nuts. They advertised it all to be open.

Royalton not being able to give us an update or reassurance in the past month is unprofessional, especially for ones who were re-assured in Oct that they will be 100% operational on Dec 1st (when I arrive). If we booked with Expedia (although flying with Sunwing), who is it that we should contact?

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

I called Orbitz customer service.I would guess you should call Expedia. The phone numbers I was given were Memories Splash numbers,

I agree someone SHOULD be answering their phones. I am worried enough to think about changing hotels as suggested by the TA but I am not sure yet, between the excitement of going back to Punta Cana in days and it is getting cold here.

Besides Orbitz will give me only a $512 hotel credit. Lucky me.

Mentioned in this post
Memories Splash Punta Cana
Memories Splash Punta...
8,738 Reviews
Dominican Republic