We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Anyone knows if Dec 1st is the Soft or Grand opening. The reason I ask is because the Royalton White Sands where advertising opening Nov 16th. But it was a soft opening (as you can see from guests), yet they booked guests anyway. Very disappointing from Blue Diamond Hotels (owned by SunWing). I hope the same thing doesn't happen in PC...

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Bonjeur mon ami Jaques.

Guys, sweepijng the DR's mayor phonecompany lists i just realized a important thing with those phonenumbers listed in the post on a prior page and on their sites:

that phone number 1-221-2121 is the old phonenumber of the Grand Paradise Hotel, reading that name online i went in my cell's directory and Voila, there is the same number stored for the formerly named Grand Paradise hotel.

so i assume, and that's nothing unusual when a new management takes over a property, they will keep their old phonenumbers and they are now not answered because there is still no phone central/center with a operator installed/connected/activated.

still, that's bad, because i wonder what they think how their customers should do to get in touch with them???

Mike

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Well ... after much analysis and cross reference checks I can say that the first two weeks or so of December will be a soft opening. Of course Royalton/Blue Diamond Hotels/Sunwing will never admit to this because the have booked guest for that period, myself included.

Ask yourself this question, if they where fully operational in 7 days wouldn't they be answering phones an emails to take your SPA reservation etc... (like the mikefisher post 32).

Again, we didn't get a great discount, it was on par with other similar hotels during that period.

What's left to say ???

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Been following this thread. I feel bad for those booked in December. They may indeed open but what can you look forward too? Personally I would avoid booking ANY new resort until it opens and I can see what I'm buying. It's a lot of money to shell out on a complete unknown. Reminds me of those who rush to buy a new home when the ground is still a farmer's field.

I'm more than peeved at resorts who are over ambitious on their opening dates. They should know better. I guess they do know chances are iffy they will make their date but don't care about the guests who pad their bank account. Investors matter more.

Good luck to all those who have booked. Fingers crossed it works out for you.

Athol, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
317 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Oh god....i just called my travel agent asking her seek out other properties for us! We are due to arrive feb.1 st to memories but now im nervous! What do you all think? Im so confused! We really were looking forward to the water park(9yo) but to pay the $ we did and it not be done.......HELP!!! Guess im really wanting more first hand accounts of progress....people staying near by and viewing with own two eyes! Cuz the one poster said" no way on gods green earth that place will be done on time" then posts after say its comming along nice & i seen some okay looking photos! Thanx for listening to my rant/ worries!

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Thanks all. I contacted Expedia and the rep was very nice. However, she connected with Sunwing (who owns the Royalton property) during the call with me and Sunwing still have an 100% operational status for Dec 1st (nothing should be under construction, all advertised should be open and ready, Diamond Club perks will be available "or else they wouldn't have sold it as an option"). After describing to her how many people on Facebook and Trip Advisor have been feeling, she understands us but said if we jump the gun and ask to have a resort switch we will pay for the expenses involved, however if Sunwing is the one who announces Royalton not being 100% operational for Dec 1st, then all expenses are on them for resort switches/upgrade switches/etc. So, I will be waiting this out and calling Expedia back after a few days to re-check the status, I am still hoping that on Dec 1st everything will be ready for Royalton because what they advertise sounds like paradise. Nonetheless, she said that a Sunwing rep will be there on opening day Dec 1st to help with any roadblocks if we happen to arrive there unsatisfied. Hope this helps a bit.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

What I don't understand is why after checking travel sites for flight packages to Royalton Punta Cana, the earliest date you can book now is Dec 16th...

Nov 30, Dec 1, Dec 6, Dec 7 - some of the previous dates I remember being available flown by Sunwing are all gone.

Edited: 22 November 2013, 17:02
Port Washington...
Level Contributor
522 posts
1 review
Save Reply
47. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Yes. I am seeing hotel rooms only on hotels.com No packages for my dates.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
48. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Exactly missteresa, why are packages only available from Dec 16th on ???

Again my assumptions stand, not fully operational until mid December at best.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
49. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Maybe the flight is full for the packages? I know that we had the last to seats with our airline but room were still available for 10th-17th dec

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
50. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

After looking at Ruddy Garcia's photos of the hotel on FB, I'm feeling more optimistic...