We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Anyone knows if Dec 1st is the Soft or Grand opening. The reason I ask is because the Royalton White Sands where advertising opening Nov 16th. But it was a soft opening (as you can see from guests), yet they booked guests anyway. Very disappointing from Blue Diamond Hotels (owned by SunWing). I hope the same thing doesn't happen in PC...

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
522 posts
1 review
Save Reply
61. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Ok. I will be a guinea pig. Not that I was truly asking for it. I knew it was going to opened in December when I booked in October. I believed them on Facebook when they said EVERYTHING was going to be open and operating on December 1.

While it been in the teens for the weather this past weekend. I know it will be warm and toasty when we arrive, and we already have our next trip to PC booked. Next one is not at Royalton and it is less than 90 days after we get back to a cold winter.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34ns6xh&s=5

I found this picture of the pool looking good with the furniture -- see if the link works.

Toronto
Level Contributor
176 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

I spoke with my friend who works at Sunwing this past weekend. They are guarenteeing a soft opening for Dec 1 but with everything open but whole resort may not be 100% functional. That is to be expected I think. Hope this eases a few peoples minds? We will be there Feb 9th and expect it to be fully operational

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
64. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Thanks Hondo2, keeping fingers crossed !!!

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
65. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

I just saw a December 15th Opening on this site;

tsvipclub.com/index.php/…punta-cana

Back to worrying !!!

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

This is a travel club and not an official Royalton site, so you probably should not be concerned.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
67. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

Anybody have a recent update from Royalton PC ? Their FB page as been silent for quite a while ...

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
68. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

the official Royalton Punta Cana website still accepts bookings starting december 1st 2013.

that they do not update anything nor answer questions on their sites since some weeks makes of course suspicious, but does not automatically mean they are behind any of their own given shedules.

Mike

Great Neck, New York
9 posts
Save Reply
69. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

mike, I've seen a lot of your comments and was just wondering - who are you? Are you a travel agent, or just an interested islander living in Punta Cana making observations? Have you actually walked onto the site? If so, how recently, and what did you see?

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
70. Re: Royalton Punta Cana Soft Opening or Grand Opening on Dec 1st

3 days until opening.., I guess at this point we just have to wait and see.