We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drink question at Breathless...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Drink question at Breathless...

I have never been to DR but in previous travels to other all inclusive they did not seem to carry energy drinks (i.e. Redbull, Monster, etc.) My travel mate was asking, I said most likely not, but if anyone there in person could answer the question we'd greatly appreciate it.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,262 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drink question at Breathless...

hevnsprncs

You might like to post your question on thread below as spikeysmom (Dawn) is actually staying at Breathless at this present time, I am sure she will be able to answer your question.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…54180125

Angie.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,767 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drink question at Breathless...

not common to offer

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drink question at Breathless...

In some review, they mentioned that the Breathless staff have been instructed to put away the "top shelf" liquour and whiskey. Is this true? The resort advertizes that the offer "top shelf" drinks all the time. We will be going the first week of January and hope the negatives are addressed.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drink question at Breathless...

Alot of resorts keep the more expensive stuff under the counter. All you do is ask for it and they will pour it for you. If you are having one of the fruity mixed drinks it really doesn't make a big difference and I think this is part of the reason for putting it away.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drink question at Breathless...

We found when we were at Secrets last month that it was like pulling teeth to get premium liquor. It was really annoying and rotten given what they advertise. Even when you ask for it and they would say okay, you would get the drink and could tell it was crap booze. Our best luck was the lobby bar, they had the best booze and it was on display. The beach and pool bars not so much. We even asked for them to bring a bottle down to the beach and pool and it was a total crapshoot getting it. I would imagine they all operate similarly to keep costs down.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,814 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drink question at Breathless...

Website claims unlimited premium liqour

breathlessresorts.com/punta-cana/unlimited-t…

Holly, Michigan
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Drink question at Breathless...

Every resort I have stayed at has Red Bull. However it is in the gift shop and you have to pay for it. Not sure about Breathless but out of the many I have stayed at I was always able to purchase it.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
391 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drink question at Breathless...

What I have been told in the past is that they allot a limited number of premium bottles per day, per bar. When the grey goose is gone for today ...come back tomorrow. I don't like that as they do advertise "unlimited" premium alcohol .

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drink question at Breathless...

This is from their web page:

UNLIMITED TOP-SHELF SPIRITS

Sip your favorite drinks in any of our eight bars and lounges. All premium wines, beers and top-shelf spirits are served without limit or expected gratuities. Or take the party back to your suite with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar.

Is there anyone at the property who can verify what is going on with the alcohol issue?

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drink question at Breathless...

But even from what came from their web site it dosen't say they will be out front and centre - just that it will be available. Again most places you do have to ask for your fav brand.

Not quite sure how they can make a claim that they would have 'ALL' premium brands!