We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Blue & Sand December

Detroit, Michigan
12 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Blue & Sand December

We just received all of our travel Docs from Apple. So excited! Included is a letter explaining that the lobby bar is closed for renovations and will reopen December 15th. Of course that is the day we depart for cold Detroit. Oh well. They also said that there is a temporary bar set up in the theater.

What do you wear on the flight when you are coming from a freezing place to a tropical paradise? The thought of having jeans on when I get off the plane makes me sweaty just thinking about it. lol.

Quakertown...
Level Contributor
166 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand December

I am leaving cold Philadelphia this Sunday (highs will be in the 30's), and have been planning all along to be wearing shorts for the flight. I want to be comfortable when I get there - I'll take a little discomfort in Philly knowing how good I will feel hours from then

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand December

<<<What do you wear on the flight when you are coming from a freezing place to a tropical paradise?>>>

We go every year in January from Pittsburgh, so are very used to this! I wear jeans, but with a pair of shorts under. Then a tank top, with a turtleneck over it, and a hoodie. Gloves, hat, and scarf. Warm sox and walking shoes.

On the plane when we get into the last hour before landing in PC, I removed the jeans, turtleneck, and hoodie, and put in my carryon along with the hat, gloves, scarf, sox and walking shoes---and take out my sandals.

The cold weather gear stays stashed away for a week, and I put it all back on while flying home to the snow.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand December

I hope you have someone dropping you off right at the airport door, overama, since Phil. is due for a windy Sunday with low temp of 21F.

Enjoy your escape!

Edited: 21 November 2013, 19:28
Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand December

Lightweight jeans or khakies, then the tank top, t-shirt, hoodie or sport shirt, light jacket; un-layer while going south. And all these you could use for a cool evening in PC. Layer back on for return trip.

Enjoy the trip. I'm having a drink for you.

Audubon, PA
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand December

Also leaving from Philly (tomorrow) and plan to wear a maxi dress with a light jacket. May wear leggings for the departure so I can remove them when we get there.

Disappointed to read about the lobby bar.....but I'm sure i'll find a bar somewhere :)

Edited: 25 November 2013, 16:21
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,119 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand December

Not that I have done it lately, but in my day...shorts and a comfortable shirt for the flight down...plus of course...sandals! Often change in the airport prior to boarding...a much more comfortable flight and arrival as I watch those around me curse the heat!

For me now, the opposite is the norm...but still dress lightweight for the flight to freezing. Once in the airport arriving in the cold of Canada....a pair of jeans to slip into at the airport and of course...sandals!

Cheers

PCMike

Edited: 25 November 2013, 16:49
st. louis, MO
Level Contributor
438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand December

I always wear Capri yoga pants a short sleeve top but bring a light weight jacket- I take off the jacket when we get there - since the pants are yoga Capri style they aren't to bad

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand December

Good luck to all traveling in the next few days, there are some nasty storm threats that could disrupt air travel. Hope all your flights are on time and arrive safely.

Detroit, Michigan
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand December

Thanks all. The Guy and I decided to wear pants leaving Detroit and bringing warm weather wear in our carry on to change in Miami.

10. Re: Ocean Blue & Sand December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:16