We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

Kay I have 3 weeks to pack. May seem like alot of time but with a full time job, a 19 month old and Christmas shopping I'd thought I'd start now.

What should I make sure to bring - refresh my memory my tripadvisor peeps.....

What over the counter med's do you bring?

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

Goodness gracious yes! Sue is so right - forgot to mention the bandaids and polysporin (you never know) and the aloe gel for sunburns. Admittedly didn't do the Bubbas, BUT for this trip we're taking our double-walled, capped-with-straws summer drinking glasses - IF I remember to take them from the trailer after May 24 weekend, lol. :D

Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

A travel sized bottle of high test mouthwash. Its good to wash your toothbrush in (or your mouth) if you accidently use the water whilst brushing your teeth.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

My kit always include:

Extra sunscreen. Extra aftersun lotion(aloe vera alot), pedialite ,stroller, float, hat for toddler, fly repellent, allergy medication, fever reducer, imodium ,disposible razors, little bag of detergent, plastic hangers,

Very important items not to forget especially with a child.

I was charged 60$ for pedialite, $35 for sunscreen or lotion, and otc medication you are used to isnt always avaliable.

Whitby
Level Contributor
820 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

Some great ideas here. By the way, do you want to share what resort you are going to? We may have some extra "hints" for you.

I keep a "stash" of vaca stuff in a plastic container with a lid. on a shelf in a closet aka our vaca shelf. When we are back from vaca, I replenish it and then tuck it away until next vaca. It just means I don't have to worry about rhe small stuff and I can be packed and ready to roll within 24 hrs. in case we come across a great last minute deal.

Laceyblue, I'm going to try to remember to remind you to not forget your "travellers".

Sue

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

I agree with everyone else...but I would also bring your own magazines to read at the beach if you're into that kind of thing (I forgot to bring mine and a magazine that costs me $2.99 here in the US cost me $5 over there (the same magazine). Also, don't forget to pack your sunglasses (the sun was so bright there that my eyes actually hurt at times when I wasn't wearing my sunglasses)...I felt bad for those that had forgot theirs and had to pay an inflated charge for sunglasses at the stores at the resort.

I hope you have a fabulous vacation!!!

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

It is so much fun to pack but we usually do it the night before leaving. Aren't some of us getting carried away. Mouthwash to rinse the water??? I'll usually drink the water, a tiny sip, gradually, to get the gut used to the alternate flora. No big deal to just brush the teeth in it. And never packed bug stuff and have never seen bugs or been bitten. Maybe it's the water? The towel center usually has plenty of reading material. Take a book, leave a book.

Holly, Michigan
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

Kath, Yes I love the take a book leave a book and in fact I take advantage of my local used book store before I travel for that reason! However you may be the lucky one on the water issue seeing how I have a pulmanary disorder I have suffered many of illness due to running to bathroom sinks and drinking from hand wilst waiting at table for water. I however (lol) am here to tell the tale....I just would not advise others to do the same. (Dont swallow the water)..

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

I like the take a book/leave a book idea - but while I as at our resort the towel stand didn't have any mags and they didn't have many books (and unfortunately the ones they did have we not the types of books I enjoy reading) but next time I'll remember to bring a book or mag with me just incase...

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

I agree with Shirley - I wouldn't panic if you accidently brush your teeth with sink water once (I accidently did & I didn't get sick) but I would play it safe and use bottled water and not drink or brush your teeth using sink water...just my opinion...

Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

Thans everyone, some great items to pack that I would have never thougt of.

Whitbysue, I'm headed to Majestic Coloinial, club section.