We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

Kay I have 3 weeks to pack. May seem like alot of time but with a full time job, a 19 month old and Christmas shopping I'd thought I'd start now.

What should I make sure to bring - refresh my memory my tripadvisor peeps.....

What over the counter med's do you bring?

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

Thanks Sue! And hopefully breaking them in during our first camping weekend will remind me too :)

Yah, forgot the laundry soap - Walmart sells little Tide packets in their travel-sized section. 3 in a package - we used about half of one packet to wash out a few things, which worked out great.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

I always have a ziplock baggie with Lysol wipes in my purse...first thing on the plane there and back is I wipe down the tray, arm rests, etc. ...I also have a small "clip on" bottle of hand sanitizer that's always on my beachbag, inside my purse, whatever...which I use before I eat anywhere I go.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

Was a flashlight mentioned? Nice to have if the power's out, or there are darker paths to walk along. I like to have a way to upload my photos off my camera every day, in case something happens to the camera. I also like having polarized sunglasses, since it makes the water look so nice. Have a great trip!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

Ear plugs!! I can't count how many times we have been awakened at all hours by drunks in the hall trying to find their room.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,334 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

I would not, as someone else suggested, bring FRAGRANCE candles, unless that "fragrance" is citronella! We do always bring a citronella candle for our balcony.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,334 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

We cut down on some packing this way:

Bring our own favorite shampoo and conditioner in small containers as you never know how the hotel's offerings will treat YOUR hair. But we use their shampoo for washing out swim suits, and their conditioner can be used in place of shaving cream (for the ladies' legs, never tried it on the man's beard!)

Minimal makeup, minimal jewelry (nothing expensive!!), lots of sunscreen and don't forget your sunglasses, the perfect accessory!

We like wearing a pashmina as part of our "cold weather gear" from home, then it doubles as a beach wrap, or evening wrap if needed.

On longer trips, we like to buy our new under panties, and put them in the drawer at home, pack the old ones, toss them before coming home, come home to new ones. Sometimes bring an old tee shirt or two for easy beach coverup, or for morning exercise, then toss before coming home.

Dollar stores have CREAMY baby oil ($1 for 10 OZ) which is great to slather on all over after a day in the sun. If a few pennies worth is left at the end of the trip, toss! Less to pack on way home, or room for souvenirs.

Don't bother with perfumy anything (colognes, lotions, sprays) as it will just attract insects. People around you will appreciate not smelling or gagging on your perfume. :-)

Edited: 27 November 2013, 13:31
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
768 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

Beach wind screen - beach can be very windy.

Many people use empty loungers as a wind screens ( sometimes 2 ,3 chairs!!! - they turn them over the side).

Sometimes we have problem to find a chair on the beach because of that.

I tried to take some chairs (screens) but it always ends with big argument...

28. Re: Starting to Pack - what to make sure to bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 05:17