We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's Happening at Ambar?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What's Happening at Ambar?

Ok, two weeks away from vacation, yes I wake up every morning, have my coffee and read anything new reviews/forum etc. I have to say the past reviews are worrying me that Ambar is having issues. I realize reviews are subjective, however, when it's returning guests that loved the resort? Things such as maid service not happening, not replenishing towels, butlers non-existent or unhelpful (no lets not start on if we need a butler...lol) "out of vodka", "out of white wine", "don't bother asking for room requests", "dinner reservations impossible"... Yes, these are huge complaints (in my opinion) for a 4 or 5 star resort. Is there new management? Or just glitches that will hopefully soon be resolved? Does management really watch the reviews?

I am about to send in my room requests and dinner requests that I have been actually "working on", wonder if it is just a waste of time?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: What's Happening at Ambar?

lol....TBD at this point. We really want to go to Europe next year. Maybe we'll road trip to MD next year...!?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: What's Happening at Ambar?

We have been at this resort now for 6 days and have 7 more to go and I am so glad!! Our checking was great, we got here direct from Hamilton and arrived at noon, so I knew the room would not be ready and brought change of clothes. The room was ready by 2:00 and all I can say is we won the lottery!! Perfect room at pool, corner huge room central to everything. I honestly think there really isn't a bad room at Ambar. I think reservations should stop taking "room requests," guests are just upset they didnt get the specific room and not glad they got what they did, like most resorts.

We did reserve our a la cartes in advance for all 13 days. When we arrived all the requests were in the envelope EXACTLY what I asked for, date and time. The food has been the best we have ever eaten at an AI, if it's not to your taste just go to next thing, they are trying to make everyone happy. Don Pablo tonight was amazing, I lamented I didn't get the lobster like my husband (even though my snapper was good) and they brought us two more lobsters!!! They were amazing!! Not at all like the seafood buffet, that I will say was not very good in my opinion.

The staff has been amazing, our room is cleaned promptly and well. Butler service hasn't really be seen, but I did call last night to change our pillows and they were here within 5 minutes helping us with requests!

I will say the Ambar being adults only seems to attract an older crowd, with many retired or close to it. Not that is a problem, but whoever says the resort is loud?? Well we haven't seen it!! Go to the pools next to Ambar If you want loud and more party atmosphere. We are enjoying the relaxation personally. The beach is amazing as always, a little windy but it's December. Went surfing at Macao surf club yesterday and it was one of the best experiences ever!!!

Sorry to go on, but I know I was a little worried before leaving, and I am not worried anymore!! If you want perfection and to be treated like you are royalty than pay more! If you want a beautiful resort that tries hard, is beautiful and has everything you will want or need the Ambar is a great choice!!

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,920 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: What's Happening at Ambar?

And once again, proving realistic expectations helps in having a great vacay. Glad it all worked out for you. :D

64. Re: What's Happening at Ambar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 05:18