We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone flown Westjet from YYZ recently?

Toronto
Level Contributor
134 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone flown Westjet from YYZ recently?

If so, did you have any in-flight entertainment? I have been reading online that some planes do not have seat back televisions any more. I would love to hear people's experiences.

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,009 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone flown Westjet from YYZ recently?

I flew with Westjet in June, and did have seat back televisions. I read somewhere that they are switching to tablets that you can rent. Either way, I'm happy.

Mark

London, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone flown Westjet from YYZ recently?

My sister worked for west jet and we are flying out of YYZ on west jet soon so I asked her and not all planes have the tv's and the planes that have tablets to rent only have a few. Once you fly out over the ocean the tvs only have pay per view movies and a little bit of pre recorded shows

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,009 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone flown Westjet from YYZ recently?

Because the satellite no longer works across the border, the pay per view movies were free on my last trip.

Mark

Toronto
Level Contributor
134 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone flown Westjet from YYZ recently?

Thanks for the responses.

I guess there is no way to find out ahead of time which flights will have seat back entertainment?

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone flown Westjet from YYZ recently?

we flew with them in Oct and the plane we were on had the tvs in the seat backs, and the movies were free. I did have a few movies on my tablet just in case any way.

murillo
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone flown Westjet from YYZ recently?

stopped renting the movies years ago ... interruptions ... lost signal... bring my own now... WJ is Way better than Sky Squish...lol.. last time i tried one of the wifes flying pills... :-) ... 3 hours ...drooling and sound asleep... perfect..Ativan

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone flown Westjet from YYZ recently?

Styles ...... From their website:

Live seatback television, inflight movies and shows

WestJet is pleased to offer live satellite seatback television provided by Bell TV on most Boeing 737 flights within Canada. You'll get to choose from our channel line-up of the best in sports, news, lifestyle and more. On domestic flights of 2.5 hours or longer you can also watch one of the latest pay-per-view Hollywood blockbusters.

Flights serving great WestJet destinations in the US, Caribbean, and Mexico will offer complimentary stored programming or a limited number of tablet rentals in place of live satellite seatback television. We also recommend bringing books, magazines, tablets, portable DVD players or toys for your little WestJetters. For a description of our tablet rental program please see below.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone flown Westjet from YYZ recently?

We recently flew from BC to Las Vegas on Westjet. TV ended about an hour into the US. We then flew LV to YYZ. Again the TV didn't work until about an hour out of YYZ. This is common on all north - south routes. Our flight from YYZ to YVR had TV but the screen didn't always work. Load up the ipad or make sure, like we do, that there is a good supply of tunes on the ipod, plus a good book to read. In no time you are at your destination. Happy holidays!

9. Re: Has anyone flown Westjet from YYZ recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:17