We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

july in punta cana?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
293 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
july in punta cana?

What's the typical weather for july, is there much rain or hurricanes?

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,916 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: july in punta cana?

Since this is a tropical island, you cannot predict any weather further than 24-48 hrs in advance. I'd not waste any time with any of the internet sites as they are generally not accurate.

Weather is more or less hot, and humid with the occassional rainshower here and there. Then after a storm, more hot and humid than before.

I'd not worry overly much about it if I were you.

:D

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: july in punta cana?

July?

HOT!

HUMID!

and HOT!

While we enjoyed time on the beach with the breeze, it's not quite so pleasant at a pool area, (you stay IN the water!) and can be downright uncomfortable dining in any open air restaurant. I used to visit PC in July, and remember vividly stepping out of my room to immediately begin 'dripping'. Forget makeup or styled hair for dinner, be ready to drip!

Of course there are more a/c restaurants now than then in most places, but you still may be dripping from the little walk TO that restaurant.

Did we still have fun?

YES!

Did we return?

YES, for a number of years, as this was our only vacation time then.

But we've been spoiled by the lower humidity in January and so that's our fav month to visit now.

Edited: 26 November 2013, 18:28
Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: july in punta cana?

We're going in July with no worries :D We traveled in mid August last year and was extremely HOT and HUMID, except when right by the beach with those lovely beach breezes most days. We had one shower that we hardly noticed, and one heavy downpour for about an hour one night - it was all good!!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: july in punta cana?

We go every year the first week of July it's great.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: july in punta cana?

We stayed in Punta Cana in early July this year and the weather was just fabulous. We were surprised how pleasant it was and can only recall one night at the outdoor theater being just a little bit uncomfortable. We had vacationed in Punta Cana once before that - in April 2013 - and my wife thought it was more hot and humid then than this past July. I guess we were extremely lucky.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: july in punta cana?

We stayed in Punta Cana in early July this year and the weather was just fabulous. We were surprised how pleasant it was and can only recall one night at the outdoor theater being just a little bit uncomfortable. We had vacationed in Punta Cana once before that - in April 2013 - and my wife thought it was more hot and humid then than this past July. I guess we were extremely lucky.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: july in punta cana?

True, Webernowski, you may have just been lucky, or maybe more tolerant to humidity. It IS WEATHER of course, and what happens in July one year is not exactly the same as what happens the next year. Our experience was with 4 or 5 July trips, which were all extremely humid. Just spent more time at the nice breezy beach and less at the pool areas, and learned to deal with dripping at dinner. Ladies can skip all or most of the makeup and adopt a beach/heat friendly hairdo. :-)

Dominican Republic
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: july in punta cana?

is the huracaines season but isn't common huracaine como to d.r. the climate es wonderful at july because is warm and the sun shine. the wather is warm to. you just will have time to enjoy.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: july in punta cana?

LaTA3 - I do think we were really lucky with the weather last July. I remember that I did have some concerns before our arrival that it might be too hot and humid to eat lunch in the outdoor beachfront restaurant at the Majestic Colonial, which is something we really enjoyed on our vacation in April the previous year. Boy, we were pleasantly surprised with how delightful it was in July eating lunch at this restaurant.

Yes, we lucked out. It only rained a few times and when it did it was late at night. Didn't notice any mosquitoes or any other bugs. So we had no complaints whatsoever.

Oh, by the way, my son found some Presidente beer in DC and brought them to our Thanksgiving celebration. Best Thanksgiving ever!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: july in punta cana?

2013 may and june and july been less humid and for parts well above the usual average of that time frame windy and wavy.

usually(with the exception of 2013, in my 2 decades in PC) July is a nice hot and also humid summer month, a fantastic time. don't worry about it to be part of the hurricane season, even that of course a storm could pop up, before end of the 2nd week of august they are very rare for punta cana, a strong really bothering breeze with many clouds and the typical rains and thunders would be many times more likely during our wintermonths when the "hurricane season" finished.

some strong winds and specially some rainy days you can hit into at any given time of the year, doesn't matter it is hurricane season or not, it's the tropical weather of the tropical atlantic ocean's waters, and it is as fact a hit and miss as far as long ahead of time plannings go.

don't trust any weather report at any given time of the year for more than the next max 24hrs ahead of time, and even those do fail well often, everything further ahead of time would be a lottery where you have a chance to win but most likely will loose.

happy travels

Mike