We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana Don't Book this Property!

ckm
Troy,Michigan
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana Don't Book this Property!

I know people are getting ready to book your winter breaks.

The Gran Bahia Principe does NOT care about their guests.

Our 1st day there items were STOLEN from our locked rooms.

Yes we did forget to lock everything in our safe but she went through our carry-on bags.

According to security only the maid entered our room. The hotel did NOTHING for us.

Make sure you always lock up your things. Of course they also charge you for the safe which is crazy.

Also this resort is HUGE! If being near the beach is what you want you better upgrade big time.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana Don't Book this Property!

ckm, sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm just curious if this was a recent stay....? I see from your review of the Grand Bahia Premier in March/13, you also had troubles with stolen items, so I'm just curious what would have you to return to the same resort (different section I'm assuming) if you experienced theft as you describe, back in March...? Good for you for giving the resort complex a second chance, but I was just wondering...unless of course you ARE referring to your March trip.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,030 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana Don't Book this Property!

Hmmmm

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana Don't Book this Property!

We just returned from the Esmeralda and although we never experienced any sort of theft I agree with avoiding this property. Far better options in Punta Cana than the BP. They seriously lack in customer service compared to many other property's I have been too. Before our trip it seemed like 99% of the TA reviews were glowing, now it seems like that number is down to 70% to 75%. Unless they address some of there short comings I can see property's like the Esmeralda and Amber falling from there 7 and 8 rankings.

Edited: 30 November 2013, 00:02
Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana Don't Book this Property!

Yeah Mark, I reflect your sentiments.

On that note, theft can happen anywhere. It sucks when it happens on a vacay.

I've had it happen whilst staying in a very high end hotel in NY. I had a coach bag stolen. Here is the funny part. . . They only wanted the purse, not the contents (Coach purses are VERY expensive).

It isn't so much that property was taken as it is a very invasive feeling to know someone was going through your stuff. Creepy.

ckm
Troy,Michigan
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana Don't Book this Property!

No we haven't been back but I figured that this time of year people are booking their trips. I didn't realize that after almost a year you could still see my original post.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,928 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana Don't Book this Property!

I know it is a terrible thing to have happen but I often wonder when people say - 'the hotel did nothing for us' - what did they expect the hotel to do? Cause it does sound like sercurity looked into the matter - so beyond this what else should they have done? Just being curious as someone who has gone through this locally both at work and at home. And even locally all they did was file a report and that was it.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana Don't Book this Property!

Really.......

At this point your advice becomes useless ranting I have no faith in posters who exist only for one purpose

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana Don't Book this Property!

ckm, okay - thought that might be the case, based on the review from your stay in March.

And yes, all one has to do is click on a poster's username, and every post and review they've done, is available for view.

Your experience is disappointing to say the least, and while you may have meant well, it's kind of stirring the pot at this point - in my opinion anyway....

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana Don't Book this Property!

Really carolelee from Atlanta you should read his reply before slamming his original post. Somebody obviously found an old post and made a comment which restarted the thread.

Edited: 30 November 2013, 15:53
Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Bahia Principe, Punta Cana Don't Book this Property!

toronto, the original poster started this thread yesterday, based on their stay in March of 2013...ckm didn't know their original review was still viewable if you click on their username, which I did because I was curious if they'd left a review of their experience - they did...in March 2013.