We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I've been tasked with planning a trip....please help!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I've been tasked with planning a trip....please help!

Hi All-

I've been tasked with planning a trip for 8 males all over 21 for spring break, March 12-17th. We originally planned on Negril but were told that it wasn't a good spring break destination.

So for Punta Cana, the prospect of picking an acceptable resort is dizzying. We'd like all inclusive but we're not picky at all after that.

The idea of the resorts is very limiting as we won't be able to "resort hop" and meet people so we'd need to ensure that our resort HAS the craziest parties, most spring breakers, etc.

Does anyone know which resort would fit the bill?

Thanks in advance!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I've been tasked with planning a trip....please help!

Hedonism in Jamaica or Cancun

Whitby
Level Contributor
820 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I've been tasked with planning a trip....please help!

Grand Paradise Bavaro would have fit the bill but since it no longer exists I recommend Cancun.

Sue

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,383 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I've been tasked with planning a trip....please help!

Go to Cancun.

Level Contributor
234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I've been tasked with planning a trip....please help!

Mexico maybe a better choice

nyc
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I've been tasked with planning a trip....please help!

Cabarete would suit your group well. Its on the north coast, so fly in thru POP airport. The area is geared towards kite surfing xtremes sports etc. Could do bar hoping along this beach, because all inclusive resorts are not common in cabarete.

Punta cana is mostly all inclusive , so you cant go from bar to bar. You need to choose a big resort complex , then cab it for the discos.the hard rock, bavaro barcelo complex, and the riu complex will work for you.

Canada
Level Contributor
464 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I've been tasked with planning a trip....please help!

I read your threads while you were posting in the Negril forum, thinking "go to Mexico!" That is where everyone over there suggested you go already so I didn't say anything. Now your thinking Punta Cana.....and I'm still thinking "Go to Mexico!"

Is there a reason you guys don't want to go to Mexico? Been there, done that? Want to switch it up? Cancun/Playa Del Carmen is where the party is at. There are hotels there that are known for their crazy Spring Break parties. Outside of just the resort there are huge clubs you can walk to- CocoBongos, DadyO's, The City. Besides the party resorts of Cancun, there is always are party at those places.

Canada
Level Contributor
464 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I've been tasked with planning a trip....please help!

So after just posting this I read an old thread over on the Puerto Plata that a group of young guys stayed at Barcelo and had a great time, met a bunch of University gals and partied it up there and walked to Coco Bongos and Pure Night Club.

I have no idea if it's the crazy party you are looking for, but it might be worth checking into to.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,311 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I've been tasked with planning a trip....please help!

Go to Cancun and stay at the RIU Cancun!! For budget minded stay at the Omni or Barcelo Tucancun.

los angeles
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: I've been tasked with planning a trip....please help!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

We are definitely set on Punta Cana because there is a spring break crowd there, (we're sure of it).

Just wanted to know what hotel would be the best for it as there are certain hotels that will be hosting actual events.

I will continue to research.

Thanks again!

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I've been tasked with planning a trip....please help!

I read on here a lot that the occidental is a real party place for spring breakers. It is also across the road from steves bar and many other local night clubs......