We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Colonial at Christmas time

Keswick, Ontario
Level Contributor
30 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Colonial at Christmas time

Just wondering if anyone has been to Majestic Colonial at Christmas time, as we will be there for the first time? Is there any special events or dinners for Christmas day? Will it be hard to get reservations or seating at the restaurants at this time? Thanks for the help

Shorewood...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Colonial at Christmas time

I am wondering the same about Majestic Elegance. I am curious about both Christmas and New Years activities and specials.

Exeter, ON
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Colonial at Christmas time

I am wondering the same thing! I sent them an email and they responded, but gave no real answer. I assumed it was lost in translation. My wife, daughter (8) and I are heading to Majestic Colonial Dec 20-27, so I had hoped there would be a little "Christmas" atmosphere for my daughter.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Colonial at Christmas time

Well if you check out there facebook pages you can see that they have already started to decorate for Christmas so there will be atmosphere. There are only a couple a la cartes that you have to reserve so it shouldn't be hard to get into an a la carte. Also note that one of them you wouldn't have access to because of the age of your daughter.

Edited: 12 December 2013, 13:30
Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Colonial at Christmas time

They do special stuff on holidays. It is already very decorated for the season and it will change between Xmas and New Years. New Year's Eve is always a huge outdoor party with music, etc.

Brampton
Level Contributor
983 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Colonial at Christmas time

I leave for Majestic Colonial Saturday afternoon. I can find out for you guys... Some pictures from posters do show Christmas decorations and such.

Edited: 12 December 2013, 14:01
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Colonial at Christmas time

One thing I always do when checking out a resort is go back and read reviews from people who were there at the same time I am planning to go. So maybe take a look at some reveiws posted from these two resorts early Jan 2013! Might give you an idea as to what they do do for the season.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Colonial at Christmas time

Since I mentioned it - I had to see if I could find some myself - here are a few comments I found-

'On New Year’s Eve they had an exceptional buffet. I couldn’t believe the amount of choices and quality. I had prime rib which was absolutely delicious, I had to go back for more. My travel companion loved the variety of seafood available. They gave out gift bags of head gear and noise makers for the party. The party was fun with live entertainment and fire works set off right over our heads.'

and

'As for Christmas all I can say is well done Majestic the resort was tastefully decorated the staff all had elf hats and the Christmas Eve dinner was over the top, I have never seen so much food in a Buffet before, we will be back next year for sure.'

Exeter, ON
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Colonial at Christmas time

Thanks so Much for the advice, the fb page was a great suggestion to see the decorating pics. My daughter loved it!!

9. Re: Majestic Colonial at Christmas time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 06:18