We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a hotel suggestion

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
183 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Need a hotel suggestion

I'm thinking about planning a family trip to Punta Cana for Thanksgiving next year and I'm not sure where we should stay. Based on the following, what do you suggest:

Travel group would include ages 5 - 72

Something smaller than Majestic Elegance (I stayed there over Labor Day week)

Awesome Beach front

Nighttime activities for adults

Swim Up Bar

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a hotel suggestion

We've been to both the Iberostar Bavaro and Dreams Palm Beach and liked them both and I think they would meet your needs.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a hotel suggestion

I thought of Iberostar Bavaro too, so did a quick look, and it's no smaller than ME. In fact, not many family resorts ARE smaller than ME. I saw that Caribe Club Princess was, and as you mentioned DPB is, by 100 rooms.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a hotel suggestion

contradicting thoughts come to mind.

the problem is that you demand/request "smaller than majestic elegance", as the ME is within the typical family/suitable for all ages resorts one of the smallest to look on.

the smaller properties are the to a more exclusive catering clientel ones, but then you right away miss the requested "nightlife for adults" point.

for your mixed age group the Mejstic Elegance would have been something i recommend as suitable, and also the bigger properties who cater towards all ages of families like the Palladium, the Melia, the Barcelo Beach Resort etc, but they are all several times bigger than the Majestic which you named "too big".

small properties for all ages are for example the Zoetry Agua, the Sivory, the Santuary Cap Cana, but at noe of them you will find the requested "adults night life". they are all very fine/prefered by myself to spend a short 3-5 nights weekend with the Mrs and our Babygirl, but we would hate to hear any noice of any nightlife at a weekend's hikeout, so i guess they are unsuitable for your family.

tough to recommend on your requests.

good luck

Mike

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a hotel suggestion

Here's a thread from the FAQ section that provides the total number of rooms:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k54430…

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a hotel suggestion

That list is very helpful. Thanks for posting!

6. Re: Need a hotel suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:18