We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 posts
Save Topic
Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??

Hi!

Me and a group of 5 buddies have decided to go to Punta Cana for a week of partying. I have been searching around for the best all inclusive resort that offers an awesome party atmosphere. We will most likely be going around the 2nd week of March. I came across Hard Rock which looked pretty awesome. It seems like a lot of the places seem very honeymoonish which we don't really want. We don't really care so much about excursions - we're basically about drinking and having fun - chillin on the beach or in the pool and meeting chicks.

Does anyone have any recommendation on where the best place would be to go? I saw that 1 of the more popular clubs is in Hard Rock which is also making me lean that way as well.

Thanks!

35 replies to this topic
P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??

Hi Johnny;

Welcome to the Forum - lots of good advice on this board. Punta Cana is a beautiful destination but really not a "party" place along the lines you appear to be targeting. For what you are looking for, Cancun satisfies your criteria. Lots of partying, drinking and "chicks". Others may feel differently, but in my experience, Punta Cana is more for couples, romance and families. Spring Break provides an exception and resorts like Occidental Grand are very popular for those "party" times. Good luck on your search but, if it was me, Cancun is one of the best party places in that region.

Be good, dear friend;

PC

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??

Agree, that Cancun would be a better place for you, and your buddies, lots of places to PARTY, in and outside of the resorts, check out the resorts there, Cancun is definitely more what you're looking for, late hours, plenty of fun clubs. our son, his GF, and other couple stayed there, at one of the Riu resorts, and they had a BLAST. You won't find the same FUN in Punta Cana.

st. louis, MO
Level Contributor
438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??

Jamaica is fun, and maybe San Juan Puerto Rico??

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??

I would also say Cancun.

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??

I'm looking for the same thing a party place to go in punta cana?? I was supposed to go next week at the grand oasis in Cancun but it's only rain annonced for the week and we don't have a choice we need to go on june 1st and the only place were the sun seems to be is punta cana...Someone talk to me about the occidental?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??

i don't agree with all the statements that PC would not be the place for a party group. how many different night clubs and bars and pools does a group of 5 guys need for a party visit of what? 4-5 nights for a long wekend?

look on the big always party running resorts like the Bahia Principe Resort for example, 3-5000 guests at a time within the resort, countless bars and different pools with activities running all day and all evening long, nothing more needed for a good party in full swing. the same for the large Hard Rock Punta Cana, if you don't find a party and the chics at those places, sorry, but then you wouldn't find either at any other place of the vacation globe.

the above mentioned Occidental Grand is a typical springbreak location, but not as big as the other 2 mentioned.the advanjtage of the Bahia Principe Resort is that their nightclub is with its drinks included in the AI package, while at most others you pay your drinks at the clubs extra, running $6-$15.- per drink.

looking on the yearly rising numbers of properties in PC offered as springbreak capitals i guess the pure romantic couples and singles on the Sanky Chase times are almost or already over.

Mike

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??

Your going in March which is right in Spring Break.... You'll be fine, plenty of partying in March..... you can take a look at sites like Student City, S-trips, Break away tours to see what resorts they will be offering for their party trips and stay at one of them.

Agree with Mike on the Bahia..... but Occidental will be offered by all spring break tour companies like every year... however depends on your budget.. Occidental is cheaper resort to stay at but all inclusive bars close at 1am... then you have to pay for your drinks at either Mangu or elsewhere... so although you might save a hundred or so on your vacation package you end up spending much more paying for drinks each night.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??

As for you mentioning the Hard Rock first your going to need a big budget... Hard Rock itself is pretty pricey to stay at...

Their club called Oro is popular at times (weekends and events) but you still have to pay for your drinks (which is pricey as well)... Oro is open Tuesday to Saturday.. It is also somewhat further away then other resorts.. so if you wanted to get off resort to go to other bars and stuff then it will be a bit more of a taxi fare...

For half the price or even less then that you can stay at the Bahia which will offer you a lively atmosphere as well with the disco included (of course not the big mega club with all the bells and whistles like Oro) but your also not spending $$$$ as you would be at Hard Rock...

From Bahia only a couple minute taxi and you can get to Oro... or 10/12ish minute the opposite way to Mangu, local bars, beach bars. etc.

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
2,844 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??

Great info guys for future travellers but think the OP will have been and come back by now from where ever he decided on as the post is form 7th Dec last year lol

Edited: 29 May 2014, 16:11
Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
2,844 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??

Great info guys for this future travellers but think the OP will have been and come back by now from where ever he decided on as the post is form 7th Dec last year lol

Reply to: Best all inclusive PARTY resort in Punta Cana??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted