We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gobecon transfer

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gobecon transfer

Just thought I'd share my experience so that other travellers are aware of varying levels of customer service.

I posted this earlier today under another post regarding Gobecon:

"I'm feeling a little disappointed. I booked and pre-paid my private transfer with Gobecon to Uvero Alto based price of $59.99. At the time of booking I discovered that there is tax added to the price but continued with the booking based on positive reviews. Now the price has dropped almost 10% to $54.99. I sent a message to Gobecon but they tell me it is a special starting today and prepaid transfer doesn't get a discount!?!?

It is my understanding that the cancellation policy is 24 hrs. I'm arriving Friday...

Steph, suggestions?"

Their e-mail response was:

"You are absolutely correct, our cancelation policy allows you to cancel the service up to 24 hours prior to arrival and receive a full refund.

However, when you purchase an item and later it goes on sale, do you go back to the store and ask for a refund?

Kindly let us know if you would like to retain the service."

I had contemplated cancelling and re-booking at the new price. In the end I felt that Gobecon didn't really care about my business. If they did, I'm sure we could have worked something out, even if it was a reduction in the price of our Presidentes...

And btw, I do in fact go back to stores when I see something I've purchased go on sale within the return date...without exception, the price difference has been honoured.

Not sure whether I'll re-book something, or take a taxi. It's all good though, 2 days from now I'll be in Punta Cana :-)

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gobecon transfer

For 5.90$ is it really worth all that trouble?

Don't get me wrong I see it it both ways..Company side and your side. I'd understand if it was a serious price difference but it's not.

Warsaw, Poland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gobecon transfer

Cancel and take a taxi.You will pay $ 70 plus tip..........

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gobecon transfer

OP paid 70.78$ for Gobecon, no sense in cancelling and waiting X amount of days for a refund to turn around and pay 70$ for a taxi. All to save 78 cents.

A special came out for Gobecon for 54.99$ plus 18% tax and OP originally paid 59.99$ plus the tax.

Were talking about 5.90$ it's not like it's going to make or break the vacation....

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
778 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gobecon transfer

@ 2

Hello sister ! :)))))

Jim she is joking .There is a say in Poland - stingy sometimes pays double :)

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Gobecon transfer

Oh I understand now WEinPC, and you had me confused for a moment when I seen MEinPC. thought you changed names :)

Hello ME sister of WE welcome to the forums

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gobecon transfer

I get where each of you are coming from. I'm just sharing my experience.

I also didn't think the price difference was enough to lose the booking.

And the Polish saying did make me laugh out loud...but sometimes principles come at a cost...

San Francisco...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Gobecon transfer

I just used Gobecon shuttle service for my trip to Punta Cana last week. I want to give them 5 STARS for their excellence services. Their driver held my name that was printed on a piece of paper. I just had to look for my name instead of their company name. They waited on time. On the departure date, I was a little bit nervous because I didn't get an email regarding to my leaving date. However, all that nervousness was gone as soon as I saw a driver took out my name printed on paper 5 minutes before the appointment time. They provided a leather SUV car with full of AC. Their driver was an honest man because he pointed to me the $5 I dropped on the floor. He could have driven off with that.

They gave clear instruction on the email regarding to my pick up time. Maybe that's why they didn't send a reminder email for my leaving.

Yes, I will use Gobecon against for my shuttle service and I will definitely share this great experiences with my friends and encourage them to use their services.

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
286 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gobecon transfer

Fourth time using them next month. Never been disappointed. Excellent service.!