We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do men where for NYs in PC

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
What do men where for NYs in PC

never thought we would be in PC for New years, but this year we are going to be ( surprise trip for my 50 th birthday) so for those of you who have been to PC for New years or Christmas how dressed up do the guys get? For Us girls its easy to bling up an outfit, but not sure how my DH should dress.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,664 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do men where for NYs in PC

For NYs I've seen a lot of white on men, white on white or white on tan pants.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,664 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do men where for NYs in PC

Oh, and depending on which resort you're going to it's sometimes better to just take in the buffet... most resorts put on one heck of a spread for NYs.

Again, depending on your resort location be sure to head down to the beach to see all the other resorts fireworks.

Cheers, Deb.

Canada
Level Contributor
853 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do men where for NYs in PC

Based on your past posts, I assume you're staying at the Palladium.

We were there once over New Years. They put on a nice fireworks display at midnight next to the volleyball courts (not near the beach).

As debinatoire mentioned, go for the buffet for New Years. They have by far the best and widest selection. It's worth it.

In terms of what to wear: it varies. Nice jeans and a button down could be plenty. For others, it's a suit jacket.

Edited: 12 December 2013, 03:39
Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do men where for NYs in PC

A casual, neat shirt with a collar, (silk shirt is always best), with smart trousers (poplin trousers are best) in the warm Caribbean nights, and dress shoes. Keep in mind that silk shirts, and poplin trousers are the coolest material to wear in any warm climate, no matter where you go, and they are easy to care for, with hardly any winkles. Hope that helps you.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
nyc
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do men where for NYs in PC

You should leave it on your husband.

Suits/ blazers , not in the carribean. Light weight slacks and casual shirt would do.

Jeans and shorts? No. Its a special occasion. any other night, jeans are ok

My personal preference, short sleeve, guayabera, hawaiin style shirt, light weight chinos, casual shoes like loafers mocasins.

Bottom line, have him dress comfortably, its your vacation.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,641 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What do men where for NYs in PC

Whatever the wife wants him to wear looks good.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,324 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What do men where for NYs in PC

Enjoy Susan....I am sure you will figure it out.

Hamilton,Ontario
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What do men where for NYs in PC

Long pants, and a nice shirt......enjoy. We were there 2years ago.....

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What do men where for NYs in PC

thanks everyone!

10. Re: What do men where for NYs in PC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 05:17