We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TD n familia go again! Barcelo Palace n the natural pool!!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
TD n familia go again! Barcelo Palace n the natural pool!!!

LETSGO!

Just grabbed some flights and a room at the barcelo palace! anyone know if there is a beach bar?

this place is right down the beach from a natural pool in the ocean... Last time my nieces and nephew walked from the melia to try and swim to this pool... we walked past the barcelo... kept going and finally we saw it! sun beams shining down, ppl drinking and playing volleyball!! we were so happy and decided to walk into the ocean and start swimming toward the oasis in the middle of the ocean! but then we sunk knee deep in some kind of ocean grass or vegetation..no idea what it was.. Cant even describ the feeling of being so close but so dam far!!! I was ready to walk through it (probably because of the fact i was finely tuned..cuba libre all day) but my crew out numbered me and pulled out of the mission...

Fisherman!! how do we get around this patch of whatever is in between the beach and nat pool just beyond the barcelo??

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TD n familia go again! Barcelo Palace n the natural pool!!!

What are your dates?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TD n familia go again! Barcelo Palace n the natural pool!!!

dec 31 to the 5th! Bob, meet me there

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TD n familia go again! Barcelo Palace n the natural pool!!!

fisherman help me out here brotha!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TD n familia go again! Barcelo Palace n the natural pool!!!

there's no way around it, just walk thru it, it does not do any harm, it is simple seagrass. without those grassy spots there would not be any fishies around there, as just pure soft sandy bottom is not their idea of a surrounding for a living. the barcelo beach is fantastic, enjoy the saty

Mike

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: TD n familia go again! Barcelo Palace n the natural pool!!!

the other option is of course to swim over it, so you don't have to touch it, but it does no harm at all.

an other option:

finetune the crew to the appropriate cuba libre level and nobody will recognize what's down there.

Mike

6. Re: TD n familia go again! Barcelo Palace n the natural pool!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 06:18