We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shops/restaurants on Xmas day/evening/Boxing Day

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
334 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Shops/restaurants on Xmas day/evening/Boxing Day

Arriving mid-afternoon Dec 25th. What will be open near to the Stanza Mare complex on the above days?

Also can anyone advise what will the taxi fare be to this complex? I've looked down the list but not really sure what area I am looking for.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shops/restaurants on Xmas day/evening/Boxing Day

Hi Taxi is usually around 40 dollars although it will probably be higher xmas day. I have not heard of anything that is open xmas day.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shops/restaurants on Xmas day/evening/Boxing Day

most stuff is closed on the 25th, all back open again on 26th as the 26th is not a holiday in the DR.

when searching for Cabby Rates, look up the location Los Corales, as that's where Stanza Mare complex is located. also the hotel Barcelo Dominican Beach is right there, as location reference.

dec 25th, jan 1st and good friday are the days when even in the area of toursit mekka Punta Cana things slow down and keep their doors closed.

i would recommend to shop for the first needed stuff on the way from the airport to the condo, well worth the extra bucks to the driver spent, so no hassles/searches necessary later on that afternoon. right across the airport is the Nacional Supermarket, well stocked with everything needed for the first days, it should be open mid afternoon. on half way to your destin is the San Juan Plaza with the supermarket named Super Pola, that one also should be open mid afternoon. the same for the super named Llama at the Palma Shopping Center, also close to your location. i would try the Nacional across the airport first and buy what is needed for the first couple days, then you are settled in and can explore.

have fun

Mike

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
334 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shops/restaurants on Xmas day/evening/Boxing Day

Mike,

Many thanks for your reply. I forgot to tick the box to get notified so have only just found your comments....whoops, sorry! Will any restaurants be open near our complex? if not, will hotels close by accept non residents? If yes, can you recommend any?

Mike, do you know when the shops you have mentioned will close on Xmas Day? We've got our tourist cards and hope to get out of the airport as fast as is possible.

The taxi fare you have quoted is the same as an arranged fare from the SM complex so will stick to that.

How much should we tip a taxi driver and how much for restaurant staff?

Thank you again as you have given me a lot of very useful information on what seems to have become an amazingly busy forum in the last day or so.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
334 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shops/restaurants on Xmas day/evening/Boxing Day

Thank you for your reply.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
152 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shops/restaurants on Xmas day/evening/Boxing Day

I arrived last year at my condo on Christmas Day and we went out for supper at La Petit Jardin, just down the road from the Stanza Mare. They may be open again this year.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Shops/restaurants on Xmas day/evening/Boxing Day

Petite Jardin is closed this year xmas day.....

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Shops/restaurants on Xmas day/evening/Boxing Day

The Citrus is open xmas day which is close to Stanza Mare...

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
334 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shops/restaurants on Xmas day/evening/Boxing Day

Many thanks for your reply. We don't arrive until mid afternoon. Do you know until what time it stays open? If you (or any one else reading this) know of other restaurants near to the Stanza Mare please let me know as it would be evening dining we need.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Shops/restaurants on Xmas day/evening/Boxing Day

They are open for dinner which consists of turkey, pork ,rice and beans, salad and dessert for 800 pesos.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
334 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shops/restaurants on Xmas day/evening/Boxing Day

Brilliant, thank you. What time will the restaurant open? Can we pay in US dollars? Do I need to book as I am still in the UK?