We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afraid of Birds, HELP!! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit MI
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Afraid of Birds, HELP!! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

My wife and I are planning a trip to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana. She has a serious phobia of birds. Are there many birds at the Majestic? Flamincos, or parrots? Any help would be great, Thanks!!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,840 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afraid of Birds, HELP!! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

There are very few birds around if any, no flamingos, occasionally photographers will bring in Scarlet Macaws for pictures, just avoid them if they come.

NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afraid of Birds, HELP!! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

Aside from the birds that occasionally fly around the resorts, the photo birds that wud mentioned are about it.

Not being insensitive but I've heard of all kinds of phobias.

Birds not being one of them.

This is new to me.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Afraid of Birds, HELP!! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

what a statement.

WUD, and what about all the free wild birds swinging their wings freely all day long over the water and over the beaches?small ones and little ones, always present to be seen, at the Majestic and around every other hotel, too. around the hotelarea there is so many food/trash thrown around by the thousands of guests, a great area to find that lil bit of extra food for free animals, including birds.

on our numerous visits to the Elegance we fed small ones daily at our room's patio, nice buggers they been.

Mike

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,941 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afraid of Birds, HELP!! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

I know someone with a mild phobia of birds. It's because of the Hitchcock movie "The Birds" which she saw when she was a young girl.

Mark

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afraid of Birds, HELP!! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

@ OP

The only parrot you will see is a vendor with one or two one his shoulder, should you want a photo op!

If you are not interested, let them know and they will move on!

Sheryl

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,810 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Afraid of Birds, HELP!! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

There ARE birds at all resorts and on the beach and in the ocean diving for food.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Afraid of Birds, HELP!! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

the more birds - the less mosquitos......

8. Re: Afraid of Birds, HELP!! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2013, 15:34
Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,840 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Afraid of Birds, HELP!! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

The OP, said Flamenco's and parrots, no mention about the indigenous birds of the area.

So I am glad the fisherman clarified, the there are other birds around....( lol)

Detroit MI
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Afraid of Birds, HELP!! Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

Thanks all for the info. It is indeed a real phobia (at least for my wife). Birds of any kinda make her almost unbearable to be around. It came from her cousins tormenting her with their pet birds when she was a child. We will take all your comments into consideration.

Thanks a ton and Happy Holidays!!!